What are these fish

I believe those are most pain in ars fish called a white bass. They foul you up so often I usually move to get away from those damn things. Some say the bigger ones are good eating, we caught a few big ones and we filleted them and they are eatable, coming from a guy that’s not a fish eater!!

Edited by pap
  • Like 2

There is also a hybrid stripe bass/white bass. They are sterile and a strong fighting fish as all of its reproductive energy is added to more muscles. Same deal as a mule.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

White perch-very aggressive Chautauqua Lake has plenty-they get so bad we switch from real worms to plastic on walleye.  If you don’t you blow through 100 nightcrawlers in a hurry.

• Like 1

White perch-white bass what ever the hell they are their a pain in the ass. Like posted above worm stealing little bastards, period!!

5 minutes ago, jmyers345 said:

Hell I cough it on a Michigan stinger spoon and hot and tots

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

If every fish species were as aggressive as those little buggers it wouldn’t be fishing it would be catchin!!:lol:

• Like 1

Guys above have it covered, White Perch (Morone americana). Delicious little fish! They compete with native White Bass in Erie so I usually end up grilling more White Perch every year than I do Walleye.

Tried Lake Erie white bass yuck. Only seen White perch in Chautauqua, odd thing is years ago there were no white perch in Chautauqua.

Edited by NPike