Tie bar for kicker

I am currently trying to figure out how to tie my kicker to main motor. I probably am overthinking it but I want to use tie bar up top. The problem is the transom has a high wall and I would have to put a pretty drastic bend in tie bar and build a couple of brackets to clear it. Also my main motor is etech 115 and kicker is 9.9 merc on a panther   Adjustable plate. Any ideas and pics would be great!!

My 2 Honda's have a L bracket coming off the motor, and I have  an arm connecting them with a small tie rod end on each end and a bolt down thru. I did show it in a pic to another guy trying to do the same thing, but I don't know how to search for that thread. 

Antney1 I may have to but I was trying to put everything up top so it Was easier to get to.  Ss zoldra. I think I may do something similar but more intricate. I am going call panther and see what they have to say. I am going to see ez steer has for the 115 etec 

I did something similar to SSZ when I had my kicker. My steering kit came with clamps to hook to steering arm on main motor. I made an L bracket for the kicker. In my opinion, EZ Steer is overly complicated and expensive for outboard to outboard applications. It makes more sense for I/O's.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Lake Ontario United mobile app

2 hours ago, muskie magnet said:

Panther martin makes an hydraulic adapter for their systems. Panther martin system comes with a long rthreaded rod you can bend and cut to suit your needs.http://www.boatstoreusa.com/hydraulic-mechanical/connection-kits-cable-adapters/panther-552700-trolling-motor-tie-bar-kit/

That is the one I was thinking of!

if you go to website you can find all the parts.. I wonder with some engineering you could just use some parts and not the whole connection kit

http://www.panthermarineproducts.com/electro-steer-and-steering

Edited by salmonite

16 hours ago, hookedupf7 said:

That cable steer looks pretty slick!!!

Yes it does, if I had to do it again I would seriously consider the cable steer,  no noisy vibration you have to mess with, looks good.