For me walleye bite has been poor. I've heard of a few being taken in 35-40 fow but certainly not a hot bite. Sackets and Black River have also been poor. Ogdensburg and Bsy Of Quinte have both been better areas this spring.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

• Like 1

Thanks for posting. Heading up to Dewolf Pt soon for our annual TI SLR trip for a week. Have yet to catch a keeper walleye there. This despite watching big ones tracking and eyeing my bottom bounced gulp leeches  (on lindy rigs) on my underwater camera at 60'. 

Does anyone troll stickbaits for eyes there? May give that a try this trip. 

• 2 weeks later...

Fished the Canadian side out of Gananoque the first 2 weeks of June. My wife is handicapped, so we mostly perch fish. This year perch fishing was very poor. I started going out after dinner by myself looking for walleye or pike. I was trolling a worm harness behind a tadpole diver and picked up an 8 pounder in about 20 feet of water at 8:15 PM. After talking to my old Canadian friend, he told me years ago he used to get a lot of walleye casting to the rock shoals after dark. With that info I went back the next 2 nights and caught a 5 pounder each night. Had a Canadian friend each night, and they hooked up too.  I was throwing a floating Rapala right up against the rocks and the ones that hit, hit almost immediately.  This was the first fairly consistent pattern I've had walleye fishing on the river. It has mostly been hit or miss for me. My best previous walleye was taken trolling a rattling minnow  in the middle of the day in about 10 feet of water. Go figure? I won't be back again until Sept and am anxious to see if I can repeat the pattern then.  Finally got the pictures from my Canadian buddy. The one of me standing in the boat isn't that great, but it's a 28 inch fish at 8 Pounds. The next pictures was a couple 24 inch fish  at 5 pounds a piece.

IMG_0626.JPG

IMG_0635.JPG

Edited by Shellback
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Absolutely great job, those older guys know what’s going on and they can accomplish the job with the bare minimum of equipment. :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

I was in the thousand islands this past week visiting my family. They came in from Pennsylvania and Kansas. Did a bit of fishing. Its so hard to get out at walleye thirty when fishing with a big group, lol. Nobody wants to fish the am shift and we have big dinners that start at 530-6 in the evening. Anyway, we managed a few bass and northern. Hit one of my walleye spots and i was amazed to see a group of 4-5 walleye in 16-18 fow in full sunlight just hanging out up on a ledge. Their eyes were reflecting the sunlight. It was about 9am. Have not seen that a lot... but perhaps im not looking in the right areas. Always thought walleye were more like vampires??

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

• 4 weeks later...