Looking for a new FIsh Finder

I'm looking for some suggestions on what fish finder to buy in the next few days. I have a budget of $1000, maybe a little more. I have only used lowrance products in the past but I'd like to hear what other guys prefer. I mostly troll but do a few trips a year for bass, perch and walleye.

Im in the hunt for a new unit also. I am looking for GPS and FF combo with auto pilot capabilites to add on. I am not sure if we need the totalscan or total structure 3d for trolling salmon and trouts.

Anthony

21 hours ago, KilliansRed said:

I'm looking for some suggestions on what fish finder to buy in the next few days. I have a budget of $1000, maybe a little more. I have only used lowrance products in the past but I'd like to hear what other guys prefer. I mostly troll but do a few trips a year for bass, perch and walleye.

Couple things to consider imo when looking for a new finder on a smaller boat. I'm guessing with a 16ft boat in your sig that full-blown auto-pilot isn't something your looking for correct? Do you have an electric trolling motor? Brand? I ask because both Lowrance and Humminbird are more compatible with a specific brand trolling motor (HB/Minn Kota and Lowrance/Motorguide) Lot of ppl will use bow mounted TM as autopilot of sorts on a smaller boat. Do you need/want down/side imagining? SI/DI is about the cost of going to the next screen size up so really consider if it is something you really want.

Personally I have an 18ft boat, Minn Kota Terrova with iPilot Link connected to a HB Helix 9 and love it. I also have a Helix 7 SI/DI and almost never use the SI/DI, for the same price I wish I got another non-imaging Helix 9. 

I have the helix 9 mega scan and Minn kota I pilot link . I am happy with the fish finder. Easy to use and has more things it can do than I'm capable of ,I'm a dumb dumb when it comes to tech stuff.
Di and side scan not necessary salmon trolling but great for other things you may do.
If your into seeing multiple different screens at one time ,the bigger the screen the better as they get a little small when you go beyond split screen. I bought it last year and was in the same position as you and also asked opinions on this forum with a broad spectrum of answers. It did help when I you tuned a bunch and then went to stores where they had displays to feel each one out and see for myself screen sizes buttons to push etc.
You may get the Ford Chevy argument going , but I have been happy with mine. It's over your budget but a smaller screen gets you closer in your price range.
I ended up increasing my price range and waited on getting the extra money but that's just me.
Nothing is ever cheaper in price than you think it is. Imho

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J327A using Lake Ontario United mobile app