Seneca successful derby?

So this was our tenth year fishing the derby (maybe ninth).  We started out Saturday in front of the Keuka outlet.  I know the registration numbers were down but it seemed way more crowded than the last couple years.  we had good screens and good temps to start so we set up in the top 30 feet and fished on the drop.  We did this for a couple hours before we finally got our first hit.  it turned out to be our only hit of the day.  We boated what turned out to be a 4.2 lb LL which at the time of weigh in at Sampson was top of the board.  It all went downhill from there.  Saturday my daughter was not feeling well and wasn't eating or drinking by Sunday AM i told my brother who was on the way to go back home as my girl was dehydrated and getting worse.  by 9 am we were in the ER with her which led to her being admitted to strong.  Monday the wife felt bad so she sent us fishing but my heart just wasn't in it we made two quick passes at the north end one top water one dragging cowbells and grease traps.  not a single hit despite seeing some good marks.  As i said i just wasn't into it so after 2 hours we called it and i was back to strong where i ended up staying until late Tuesday.  She is home now but still not recovered.  i finally looked at the results not expecting a 4lb fish to mean anything and low and behold I'm in 5th.  I look a little closer and they posted the fish as 4.02 instead of 4.2 which would have been 2nd instead of 5th.  I sent an email inquiring if someone could look at the sheet but I am not expecting anything because i didn't bring it up before the derby ended.  I have no qualms with the derby committee i think they are doing an excellent job with trying to grow and improve the event. I just wish I had been paying more attention.  the important thing is my girl is showing signs of recovery though its still a little up in the air.  

so even though I placed i'm kind of jaded on the derby partially because of the fishing but mostly because it was a rough weekend for me personally 

i was surprised to see the small size of silver fish that placed i think it points towards a possible die off of older fish?  I dont have the answers but I hope the lake recovers at this point i dont know if i will fish this next year.  that is something i never questioned in the past.  congrats to all those who managed to find fish and thanks to the derby committee for running another good event.

sorry no pics i really didnt think the fish had any chance 

PS it had at least 5 sawbelly's in its stomach all different sizes from 2 inch to 6 inch