Fish hawk transducer location

Mine is directly next to my Lowrance finder on a transducer mounting plate with my Lowrance set to 200 khz and it works flawlessly. There are some variables such as hull design etc. so it could be different for you but it worked for me.

When I mentioned very close together this is what I meant :lol: but it works

ducers.jpg

Edited by Sk8man
  • Like 1

22 hours ago, Sk8man said:

When I mentioned very close together this is what I meant :lol: but it works

ducers.jpg

That looks exactly like my cannon ducer (far left) except for the paddle wheel. Same bracket as well.

The Fishawk uses a 1 amp fuse. They probably feel that it might be less subject to voltage spiking when hooked directly and less likely to be taken out by other electronics with higher amperage draw. I have all my electronics and downriggers hooked directly and fused inline to the battery despite having a fuse box/breaker system present which other things are attached to such as courtesy lights etc.I believe it keeps trouble shooting potential problems simpler too with a direct connect for electronics.

Edited by Sk8man

1 hour ago, hookedupf7 said:

Another question it says not to run to fuse panel. I specifically put a fuse panel up front to wire this and my radio to. I have enough leads running to my batteries. Any thoughts?

I would connect it to your fuse panel, thats what it is for.  I see no problem with doing that, as long as your fuse panel is fed with a good heavy gage wire.

Double fuses may add to much resistance to the head unit. Just a thought. As I ran across this with a electrical issue before. Just a thought. Since it wasn’t that long ago.

Or run the glass fuse and not the other, or vise versa. I thought I’d be extra cautious and double fuse a electronic device and it wouldn’t work right, so I eliminated the second fuse and perfect, the guy on the phone I was trouble shooting said I have to much electrical resistance in the main line feeding the unit. He was correct.!!

I wired mine to my fuse panel (5 amp) and used the supplied 1 amp in-line fuse and my works fine. Wish I saw Sk8tman's picture of his transducer install before I did mine though... I was concerned about the fish hawk being so close and interfering with the SI capabilities of my Helix transducer so I installed another board on the opposite side and mounted it over there. It works fine but like most others I hate drilling holes my boat!

I put mine right on the buss terminals under the dash, no problem. I did mount my transducer on the opposite side. I wanted to put in a transom mounting board anyway. I run both 50/200 so I decided to keep the transducers apart.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United