Boat fish cleaning station ideas

Alright guys,  We throw a lot of the fish back, but for those we keep,  Im getting tired of kneeling at side of boat with a board trying to hold onto both the board and the fish without losing my knife overboard.   I know that every boat setup is different, but just looking for ideas that anyone uses for an onboard fish cleaning station.   Pics would be great if you can.  Thanks and tight lines!

I have a large Rapala plastic cutting board the same size as my cooler... a few wet towels between board and cooler lid keeps the board in place.

https://www.amazon.com/Rapala-Pro-Series-Board-19x48/dp/B0084ED9RK/ref=sr_1_5/136-0515460-2602058?ie=UTF8&qid=1527863049&sr=8-5&keywords=rapala+cutting+board&dpID=21E4b4QanOL&preST=_SX300_QL70_&dpSrc=srch

Edited by J.D.

On 6/1/2018 at 8:35 AM, Pa223 said:

Alright guys,  We throw a lot of the fish back, but for those we keep,  Im getting tired of kneeling at side of boat with a board trying to hold onto both the board and the fish without losing my knife overboard.   I know that every boat setup is different, but just looking for ideas that anyone uses for an onboard fish cleaning station.   Pics would be great if you can.  Thanks and tight lines!

x2. I clean them up in the bottom our our fiberglass boat, then hose her down. And kneeling for a long time sucks. I was thinking collapsible table with good grippy ends on the legs, but I'm down to hear what other folks are doing.

Absolutely love that the way come out the size of the table it's endless you can make any size of the Plexi and screw it down to that aluminum frame maybe one day I got an patent in this make some money🤣

Tidelines my friends [emoji6][emoji106][emoji476][emoji476][emoji476]

Sent from my SM-J700P using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Nice job that’s a great set up.

Mine isn’t as fancy but I bought the biggest cutting board I could find and ripped a piece about 2 1/2 inches, then screwed it to the top for and edge. Then I attached a bungee to hold the fish at the gill plate so the fish won’t slide.

I attached it to a Scotty bait board I already have by inserting four 2 inch bolts screwed flush into the cutting board into holes drilled into the bait board. I secure it using two nuts when in use.

Then I attach that into a Scotty mount screwed into a galvanized plate I rigged to fit into my Cannon track. The plate also holds Scotty rod holders and is quite strong.

It works great and cost about $15 for materials.

IMG_1947.thumb.JPG.2d41890edbfd39496b1e62595fd4036e.JPG

IMG_1948.thumb.JPG.7bfeb26cdae0d610f0de60a799067a22.JPGIMG_1949.thumb.JPG.efd5082d91f7d405d42a77e6fdeac178.JPGIMG_1954.thumb.JPG.55cb341f174773585b2dfab9658eea7b.JPG

looking good we all build something to make it work on our boats every each boat it's different so sharing the info on this LOU it's gladly appreciated

As we know it lots of people viewing the post not too many a participating but I still love to share and be part of LOU

Different regulations in different jurisdictions. In lake Ontario where I fish it’s fine to catch a fish and clean it on the same lake. If I fillet them I leave the skin on which is required per regs. Most times I just gut them and toss the guts overboard. That being said, I’m 95% catch & release keeping the odd bow or coho.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

I purchased a 4x2 folding table from Walmat. Folds into a 2x2 square making it easy to store down below. Adjustable legs and fits perfectly over my doghouse. I cut a hole to put my knives to keep them from sliding off. For $48 didnt think you could beat the price, table is made of HDPE. https://www.walmart.com/ip/Best-Choice-Products-4ft-Indoor-Outdoor-Folding-Portable-Plastic-Picnic-Party-Dining-Camp-Table-w-Handle-Lock-White/150299151?athcpid=150299151&athpgid=athenaItemPage&athcgid=null&athznid=PWVUB&athieid=v0&athstid=CS002&athguid=466001f5-29985e8c-2963a94ae74d01b2&athena=true