Kinzua camping

stoneam2006

Well I just got home from a 4 day camping trip to the alleghany resivovior (kinzua). Few buddies our family's(22 of us lol) we took my boat and a bunch of yaks. Was a fantastic time. If your looking for overnight camping trip with your boat with potential to catch some walleye musky pike and all the carp you could imagine I would consider kinzua. We launched wolf run marina (excellent marina) and camped in pine Grove (2 miles from dock).

Fished every morning 5am to 8am.....nothing lol I was told the trolling bite would be hard to get but figured at least I'd get to get away for some relaxation and enjoy the view of mountians and bald eagles.

Fishing from shore was way more productive carp crappie bass all we're caught.

I didn't take a bunch of pics as there was no cell service so phone stayed in tent. But will add them as people start to post them on Facebook.

Not much of a fishing post more of a cool family trip with the boat.

Huge shout out to Mr Hank for taking care of me in the spring really makes me have confidence in my rig.IMG_20180602_114643.thumb.jpg.2dbd853a58e453a70d6b7e5df45b407d.jpgMVIMG_20180602_114637.thumb.jpg.fae5dd7e07c5e9581c471214f5229ad9.jpgMVIMG_20180602_080327.thumb.jpg.242ca549a756739391bb0ea7871490f6.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Years ago myself and two buds took my Lund down to camp and fish.  We had a little cabin in Willow bay on the PA side.  We strictly trolled back and forth on the PA - NY line and we also had to get Indian licenses which was cheap and no big deal.  We caught an absolute ton of fish but most were 15-21 inches.   They were great eaters.   When we went down that body of water held the NY and the Pennsylvania state records.   I think it still holds the PA record.   Sounds like you had a great time

• Like 1

Glad you had a great time, we live about 45 min south of there,and always went to kinzua and we mostly camped at kiazutha camp ground,  boated to wolf run to feed the carp with the kids,  its a great lake,  we mainly go to erie now, just love to catch big walleye...and lots of them...

you cant beat the pic and fall is beautiful too...

• Like 1

Years ago myself and two buds took my Lund down to camp and fish.  We had a little cabin in Willow bay on the PA side.  We strictly trolled back and forth on the PA - NY line and we also had to get Indian licenses which was cheap and no big deal.  We caught an absolute ton of fish but most were 15-21 inches.   They were great eaters.   When we went down that body of water held the NY and the Pennsylvania state records.   I think it still holds the PA record.   Sounds like you had a great time
That's where the bite seems to be right now also I hope to figure out how to fish it as onoville is only 25-30 min from my driveway.

Glad you had a great time, we live about 45 min south of there,and always went to kinzua and we mostly camped at kiazutha camp ground,  boated to wolf run to feed the carp with the kids,  its a great lake,  we mainly go to erie now, just love to catch big walleye...and lots of them...
you cant beat the pic and fall is beautiful too...
The carp at the docks are crazy lol. Actually just got some pics sent to me so I'll add them up now crazy the any of carp around