• 2 weeks later...

You dont here alot of talk about it but trust me i allways run spoons behind padels and spin doctors just use a long leader to the spoon as it does not need action from the padel .

On ‎6‎/‎14‎/‎2018 at 8:18 PM, hard knox said:

You dont here alot of talk about it but trust me i allways run spoons behind padels and spin doctors just use a long leader to the spoon as it does not need action from the padel .

What length of leader you normally use?

Don't always get stuck thinking flasher or Spin Doc because the old style dodger /spoon combination can often impart better action to the spoon depending on what you are running and may tolerate speed a bit better within the range of the spoon.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Sk8man said:

Don't always get stuck thinking flasher or Spin Doc because the old style dodger /spoon combination can often impart better action to the spoon depending on what you are running and may tolerate speed a bit better within the range of the spoon.

Yes sure I sometime use a size 0 trashcan dodger with a flutter spoon 3 to 4 feet behind on lake Champlain for lakers, works great. But I never tried a spoon behind a flasher or spin doc, was wondering what length of leader most guys use.

2 hours ago, hard knox said:

I run about 6 to 8 feet behind flasher !

On 6/4/2018 at 5:17 PM, final flight said:

NBK spinnie 18” floro leader regular NBK stinger..... awesome first light combo.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

Two different lengths I will put to test on Champlain salmon. I guess spoons are more versatile. 

• 4 weeks later...