Oswego or Irondequoit

Hello All- I got a pleasant surprise this week, my nephew got a 10 day leave and I'm able to take him to Ontario this Wednesday.  My question is where should I go out of either Oswego or Irondequoit, my only experience and success on Lake Ontario is been fishing around Nine Mile and in front of Oswego in late April and early May fishing for Browns and Lakers.  I never fished in June before and I would like to get him hooked up on a salmon.  It's only going to be a day trip and Oswego is 150 miles and Irondequoit is 200 miles, that is about all I can handle driving for one day.  I figured I would ask the experts that know the lake patterns and if one area is better at a certain time of the season.

Thanks Seabass73

i bay launch is a headache when the weather is nice (googans)  i would avoid it.  in between those two places you can also launch from sodus or fairhaven or hughes.  personally hughes is one of my favorites nice place to launch for fisherman.  you can also get a pass for bear creek but you either have to go later or get it the day before plus if there is any wave action coming in from the north there is no protection there.  if you want to stay west the genny is a decent launch but you get some pleasure boaters there as well

i bay launch is a headache when the weather is nice (googans)  i would avoid it.  in between those two places you can also launch from sodus or fairhaven or hughes.  personally hughes is one of my favorites nice place to launch for fisherman.  you can also get a pass for bear creek but you either have to go later or get it the day before plus if there is any wave action coming in from the north there is no protection there.  if you want to stay west the genny is a decent launch but you get some pleasure boaters there as well

X2. Ibay Launch is a total S#%* Show on the weekends

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

You may want to consider Fairhaven. The fishing is comparable to Oswego, but if the weather is poor, you have a large bay that you can fish in. Wednesday will be quiet in Irondequoit bay.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

On ‎6‎/‎5‎/‎2018 at 8:24 AM, thumbburn said:

Whatever is closer... hot fishing everywhere

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

Went out of Oswego this morning, got 7 kings, nothing too big.  Lost a 4 or 5 seemed that the fish were hitting short had 3 come off in the net.  I had two lead cores snap off at the rod tip today while dragging in line boards, it must have been all the pounding the from the waves.  Was only able to find one of the boards, the other went under not sure if there was a fish on it but we were able to turn around and got about 75 yard from it then it disappeared under the water.  Switched to mono and jet divers and was able to get a couple more on the boards.  All in all it was a good day, and I got to use my new fish hawk for the first time, boy I love that thing!!!

• Like 1