Anyone fishing the Henderson or sandy creek area?. I see alot of chatter from around Rochester but nothng for the eastern side of the lake. Gonna get out this weekend and looking for a decent starting point

Edited by Prov1
Typo

Fished there last Sunday morning.   Hooked up one King but he threw the spoon.   That was the only rod that moved.    Most fish were still past Stony Lighthouse in the main lake.   I'm new to fishing up here and was spoiled by south shore action this spring.   Most guys around camp have said that most of the fishing in Henderson area has been slowwwww..... But one ideal weather pattern for a week could all change that.   Hoping to get a program figured out by next week.  

• Like 1

We went out of Stony Creek (near Henderson) Memorial Sunday. Started south towards drown island looking for Browns. Nothing. Heard buddies on the radio out near the finger picking up fish, headed that way... slowed in around 90 fow, found 44 degrees down about 50. Started setting and a rigger popped. First King of the season (small, teenager, released). My brother set the rigger again. While continuing setting the spread, same rigger goes again. Broke off, drag to tight, think it was another king. We were fishing 10# leaders. My buddies in 2 other boats picked up Browns and kings, and maybe a steelie.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

IMG_8673.thumb.JPG.3436c288bcc90dd373e954950d5ed80b.JPG

I will be fishing on and off Sat -Wed depending on weather.   Boat  name is Baby G out of Henderson and I'll also be on channel 68 if needed.  My plan is to fish the trench area and see how things go from there.  

The only thing you should be fishing for with a 10 lb leader is Browns or Walleye in shallow clear water. If you venture over laker/king water, change out your leaders to 20 lb. 

I'll be there on Sat morning.  I'll have ch 68 on.  I'm not real familiar with the area. 

"greenboatluke", You said you when to the finger.  Where is that?  I'm trying to learn the area as I might be launching from here more often.  It's the closest to home.  Thanks.

Chip

Here’s a general idea of the area, so when you here people talking, you’ll know...

IMG_6628.thumb.PNG.9c8be519f7effa04612030287dcd47d2.PNG

If you look closer on Navionics, you’ll see the contours of the areas.

- GBL

Puffer II: 1802 Trophy

Green Boat: 1966 Starcraft Mariner-V 14

I am planning on leaving from the Canadian side and fishing south side of Main Duck to the border this Saturday. This is going to be my first trip trolling in that area. I'm pretty sure these are the same shipping lanes your referring to?

I normally fish Wellington area but the salmon arent around in any real numbers.

Would be really appreciative of any info or PM tips for the area.

We run vhf 71 and answer to Chesapeake would 68 be a better channel for that area?

Thanks for helping a northern neighbor.

Sent from my SM-G955W using Tapatalk

Have any of you henderson guys fished the NE end of the shipping lane?  Im talking off Mud bay where the lake hits that 130 ft counter and if you troll sw you'll eventually end up at the wall.  Seems like an area that would not get much attention 
Scott 
I have a place just down from Mud Bay and took a couple runs to fish that area last summer. Essentially trolling NE of Galloo on the US side of the border Landed 3 kings all 34 inches and longer. Spoon bite. Did not have a scale at the time to grab weights but they were a blast for my 15 year old to land.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Lake Ontario United mobile app

• Like 3

Sunday was a different animal.  Launched out of Stoney.  Communicated with 7 other boats, one of my compadres hit 5 browns, others hit one or two after excellent fishing on Friday and Saturday.  Northeast wind may have done some scattering once again.  We hit one brown and didn't see a net move with the surrounding boats so we slid out to deeper water and hit a nice steelhead and an Atlantic and that was a wrap to a beautiful day weather wise and slow catching for us.  Until next weekend...…….

597125019_IMG_3704(1).thumb.JPG.51a257b013eae7864c520f5332c1c7bc.JPG