I left my rigger on to many rods going off

Since then rigger has retrive issues

Had motor checked.ok??

Wiring ok

Possable switch??

Any ideas???

Thanks

John 

Not sure what you're saying in that first sentence? What kind of retrieve problems are you having?

Happened with mine. The drive gear stripped. Teeth too warn to retrieve weight but worked fine on slack line. Both went within 2 trips of each other. Fish307.com had them in stock. About $15 each. Thread is left hand though fyi removing the driveshaft

21 hours ago, john1947 said:

The motor ran on clutch was slipping some now motor is intermittent seems the strain stops motor 

Thanks for reply

John

Nine time out of ten either the brush holder got hot and a brush is just making contact or you stressed the armature and now it’s out of balance not in weight but those copper bars when run on a armature analyzer will show a swing in the continuity, this make for a amp pull and usually trips a breaker. I’d pull the motor they are simple and then you can see where it heated up and maybe a simple fix. :whew:

The power cords on the cannons can be a problem.  The two prong power male connectors can go out of contact with the metal sleeves on the female portion.  Per Cannon, I was told to take a pair of pliers and spread the male connectors in opposite directions to reestablish good metal to metal contact with the female connectors.  This has proven to work for me when I was getting stalling and "slow" power.