Poor Man's Triple Trees

Just ran across these the other day, they look identical to Bert's triple trees and are 1/3 the price! I called them and they are still in business making them. From what they said the tubing is scrap from the docks they make and that is why they can sell them so cheap. Anyone have any experience with them?

http://www.madsdocks.com/shop/Item/pmpoletree

Just an FYI, I got more info on pricing of the triples.

$65 without caps or swivel base
$97 with caps and swivel bases
$205.64 pair with caps, swivel bases and tax
$39 shipping charge

$244.64 for a pair with caps and bases with shipping and tax.

Still half the price of Berts, but slightly more than I initially thought.

I've got the triples. They work well. If I could change one thing it would be to change the angle so the rod tubes were more vertical.  In a smaller boat contact with the planer board line can be an issue.

21 minutes ago, DJ 17 said:

I've got the triples. They work well. If I could change one thing it would be to change the angle so the rod tubes were more vertical.  In a smaller boat contact with the planer board line can be an issue.

I have seen that a few times with the doubles as well, basically the line for the boards can get behind a guide and try to pull the rod out.  I rotate the rod and be mindful during turns, crazy Ivans etc

1 hour ago, DJ 17 said:

I'm assuming you guys are talking about the mainline for big planers correct? I run inline boards so that shouldn't be an issue for me.

3 minutes ago, Jjwbny said:

I found these a couple years ago , never did order them but liked everything about them . I going to get a set of doubles next week , it's finally toward the top of the fishing stuff list !

I got a price on a pair of doubles with caps and fixed bases... $181 shipped just fyi

Any of you guys have their 90* swivel base? Kind of curious what that is? I see no benefit in being able to rotate them in 90* increments if that is what they do. I don't usually run more than 2 boards plus riggers (usually only me +1 fishing), even for walleye so I'm leaning towards the doubles.

Edited by FishingFool34

Any of you guys have their 90* swivel base? Kind of curious what that is? I see no benefit in being able to rotate them in 90* increments if that is what they do. I don't usually run more than 2 boards plus riggers (usually only me +1 fishing), even for walleye so I'm leaning towards the doubles.
I would say the only benefit would be to rotate 90 to eliminate docking issues, if they are sticking out too far. I have the Solid Doubles and have been using them for two years without problems, just remember to silicone the caps on.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

21 minutes ago, FishingFool34 said:

in my opinion it is worth the extra few bucks because you can leave the mounts in your Berts tracks and just pull the pin. Another benefit is when rotated in line with gunnel it can be used for rod storage while underway. 

As far as the base goes. I just bolted on a cannon mounting plate to my gunnel and then bolted the tree to that. I can just pop the 4 bolts and take the tree off when ever necessary.

Got my doubles yesterday... they look pretty good. My only issue was the packaging, they just put the 2 trees in a big box and shipped them. No bubble wrap or packaging of any kind, now there are marks all over the trees from where they rubbed on each other during shipping. They are just bare aluminum, so they mark up pretty easy. Needless to say I'm disappointed in what I got for the $40 in shipping costs I paid.

Edited by FishingFool34