How about the salmon fishing if i launch out of mexico.  Has anyone been having any luck in deeper waters by the mexico area? I seen lots of reports of other areas members are getting into the kings already in deeper water.  If so what would be the ideal lure selection.  This is my first year fishing the big lake.  My first trip last month i did real good with browns and planning on heading north again next weekend but im really itching to hook onto a king ir two.  

• Like 1

Two weeks ago we did well in 120-160 fow straight out of mexico... 5 Kings, 2 lakers, 1 brown. Caught one of the lakers on a 3 color in 150 fow. We were getting the kings down like 50-60ft.

Edited by FishingFool34
  • Like 1

Im planning a trip next weekend. What has been the lure/color of choice?  This is my first year on the big lake so not so sure what to put on and when. Ive been accumulating gear over the past few months so i have over 600 spoons small,med,and mags. At least 50 j-plugs different sizes and colors. But no flashers yet. This time of year do you guys use flashers or no need cause the fish arent so deep?