Stackers on riggers

We run stackers, free sliders and MUPs. With our stackers they are usually at 15’ up and half the lead of our main lines. MUPs are 10’ up on an 8’-10’ leader.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

Bigger spoon on a shorter lead attracts them. They come in to look and, if they decide not to eat, as they’re sliding back down in the water column the smaller spoon comes by and they can’t pass it up.

Had a couple of days last year where the mup rig went one after another and always that bottom spoon. Can’t guarantee it was working as described but it was working and that’s good enough.

• Like 1

Bigger spoon on a shorter lead attracts them. They come in to look and, if they decide not to eat, as they’re sliding back down in the water column the smaller spoon comes by and they can’t pass it up.

Had a couple of days last year where the mup rig went one after another and always that bottom spoon. Can’t guarantee it was working as described but it was working and that’s good enough.

That's enough for me to try it... Cool info

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Does anybody use a fixed slider for their MUP rigs, or mainly just stacking? I used to stack but haven't had a need since I started running 3 or 4 riggers. Also, how long is your typical stretch on the lower, smaller spoon from the ball?

On 6/9/2018 at 10:52 AM, Tyee II said:

Does anybody use a fixed slider for their MUP rigs, or mainly just stacking? I used to stack but haven't had a need since I started running 3 or 4 riggers. Also, how long is your typical stretch on the lower, smaller spoon from the ball?

I use a fixed slider for Mup rigs. bottom small spoon back 10', top larger spoon back 5' and up 5'.