musky trip?

The Ottawa River has a healthy population of muskies. It is one of the best rivers for numbers of muskies. Lake St. Clair and the 1000 islands are 2 other great musky fisheries. If you want numbers, I would say the Ottawa river or Lake St. Clair. For a chance at a true monster, I would go with the 1000 islands.

If you go to the 1000 islands I would wait until Nov. even Dec. can be good check on some of the guides sites they will talk about the best time of the year to go and I would get a Canadian license there are some great spots north of the fence. I will be thinking of you while I am sitting in my treestand Good Luck and post a pic of a monster!!!

if you're thinking about Georgian, consider the Kawarthas too for part of the trip if you want to move around a bit from day to day etc. since its relatively close to there. I know of a bunch of folks that make treks specifically there from the states. different than the big water of Georgian or the river fishing in Ottawa. a bit smaller lakes and shallower, probably more like our chautauqua with a more irregular shoreline: more structure to help find the fish...bunch of guides there too...

good luck!