Out of the Genny in a 15’ boat part 2

Headed North out of the Genny Sat534F306A-25C3-4BB0-BB61-A95DAC794FBE.thumb.jpeg.bb34aa74b97aae33b5a1d1d4e6065eeb.jpegurday  6/9/18 in the 15’ Sylvan with my co worker and set up in 100fow amongst a few Charter boats.  On a North troll this time the depth finder was working correctly.  The screen looked great as me made our way out to 200fow our program that worked  was  riggers at 50’and 60’ with spoons   we ended up 4 for 4  with a double on kings to finish up the morning fishing from 7am -11am was another beautiful day on Lady O 

432EA0BD-6A38-4BFA-A6F2-B7CCCBBB1F84.jpeg

96514769-DC83-4E69-9526-68CDE493B491.jpeg

BF561995-BCF8-4189-BE7E-C694417D531C.jpeg

CEEB1972-B670-4978-B814-89B4ECF3ED53.jpeg

Edited by T.ice1980

5 hours ago, thork9 said:

I got a 16 ft Lund boat, all rigged I got to go, You guys are alright out there as low ng as its calm,

And if the water gets real rough quickly, as LO can and does do all the time, Chapter three may be written by someone  else, like the Coast Guard.   I would think that in a tub that small, with the low water temperatures out there, you'd at least be wearing the vests.

Haha great stuff! Soon I’ll have my 15 foot Whaler out, no riggers, just running two dipsys. Looking forward to getting back on the water.
Lucky you’re welcome to tag along!

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

• Like 4

Would be interesting to see more info on people’s small boat setups and ideas. We joke on the boat about getting shirts made up that say “1foot or less” LoL... but all kidding aside I have 30+years on Lady O and I check double check the lake O marine forecast before every trip we don’t even think about going if it looks bumpy  or could get bumpy. 

Edited by T.ice1980
  • Like 1

I too have a 16 foot Lund Fury.  setup riggers, garmin bells whistles.  I frequently fish Oswego, Mexico areas. I always watch the weather as some one said earlier, things happen fast on the lake. I wear an inflatable vest while i'm out no mater how hot.. I real don't stand up much as I don't have to. Safety first. last few days I've stayed home due to waves. 2 miles off shore in 2 footers is no fun and that 3 or 4 footer can wreck your day. Be safe, your life is in your hands. Plus rescue personal as well. 

I have had some great days this spring catching Kings, browns etc.  Hope all have a great summer. Stay keel down , fish hard.

I run 2 riggers 2 dipsy 2 off planer mast and always a torpedo rig up chute. I just put all new floors in the boat and going to sell It. Bought new boat last yr and holding on to this only because I love fishing it, but it’s time to go.

• Like 1

Ah. Thanks. I tried running copper down the chute for the first time on Saturday and didn’t hook up while it was out but was worried about potential tangles. Makes me feel better that it’s possible seeing it done from a smaller footprint.

Good luck with the sale!

• Like 1

I only fish coppers for tournaments. I fish mostly with my kids and a mono junkline with a torpedo is waaaay more comfortable, more forgiving, and gets the depth you need. I run 50’ lead then clip weight. If my dipsy are out 250-300,then I send my chute setup further back.

• Like 1

On 6/10/2018 at 9:16 PM, T.ice1980 said:

Would be interesting to see more info on people’s small boat setups and ideas. We joke on the boat about getting shirts made up that say “1foot or less” LoL... but all kidding aside I have 30+years on Lady O and I check double check the lake O marine forecast before every trip we don’t even think about going if it looks bumpy  or could get bumpy. 

I have 16.6 Smokercraft and I do the same. Check and double check the wind. Great idea "1foote or less" tshirts:)

• Like 1

You are all fine, until you are not fine, and that has not happened yet, PTL!.  I know I hear all kinds of noise on this site about the astounding and impeccable accuracy of the weather forecasters.   I have a friend who sails his 14 foot canoe out on the Lake every month of the year, and I've gone out of the Genesee and out to Braddock's in a 13 foot whaler and returned with a slightly green coworker just in time to beat the really bad chop (for work), but I've also been out in the deep water on an 18 foot deep V Starcraft and been looking up at water in every direction in a mess that took about 20 minutes to brew up, and I'm staying on land unless it is wide and deep (and many of the boats mentioned look a lot wider and deeper than the Silvan) and longer than 15 feet. I know all those guys out there for early Browns were in boats longer than 21', because there were no photos posted back in those February and March reports where anyone had on a PFD, either! :lol: