Hello all !i am new to this site and Lake Ontario as well I have a 1988  22’ crestliner  sabre with proos downriggers,older lowrance fish finder that seems to work ok and have been out a few times but haven’t done very well..im going out of irondiquoit tonight and would be greatful for any advice on where to go,depths,lures..anything..was gonna go for Kings..it’s a struggle right now. Thanks in advance for any help

• Like 1

I have been very lucky keeping on the kings...... till today. Fished for 3 hours and nothing, Riggers, Divers, Wire, Spoons, FF, did not try meat.

No marks and fished 100 to 200 fow, covered from 40' - 80'. Weather may have shut down the bite, Friday should be a better day.

Not much help but may save you some time.

Good Fishing!

• Like 2

Alittle late but the offshore bite has really been picking up and will only get better.
As for kings I’ve been doing really good 150-300.
Typically if I’m not sure where to start for kings I’ll go to 300 and work in. Temp is everything do getting that from other guys in the area is key. I’ve had a lot of awesome days on blank screens and simply fishing a temp

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

Fished just west of Ibay this morning. Lots of hooks and bait on the screen. Went 8/15 on Kings in 80 to 100 fow early AM and out 200fow mid day. riggers set at 25 and 40, divers back 180 and 200. 10 color and 7 color took fish also.

• Like 3

I fish between 44-52 degrees and then zone in once something works. If you don’t have down temp and speed get it.
Other thing is try to get in a boat with a good guy or take a charter. The variables to being consistent are endless. Speed, temp, leader lengths, distance of the ball, copper backed or silver, and on and on. That’s what makes it fun though, trial and error
Also get a good laker game. There always biting and there’s usually kings above them.

Thanks for all the replies!very helpful information!i definitely need a temp reader but could only afford the fishhawk TD.cant wait to get back out there..probably not until Sunday.we got skunked out there saw bait and marks must have been doing something wrong I’m guessing to deep?the balls were at like 70 and 80ft on the counter stacked one close to the ball the other 10ft above that.speed was reading 2.6-2.8 I don’t have pro troll or a kicker..2 dipsys off the side one spindoctor with proam fly the other e-chip with pro am fly,to short of leader maybe?there like 4 and 6ft to the flasher..also I have big game  20lb test on every rod..is wire a must on dipsys?

• Like 2

Wire gets u deeper and very soon when the fleas get here it will nearly impossible to to run mono on your dipsey divers.

It came up about 11 degrees inside after the blow. Got two in 350 129 and 100 down and about a 23lber in 450 on meat out 280.

Fishing at the Oak.

Edited by Charlie P

Went 3/5 last night.2 Lakers,1 steelhead,1 small king,and another nice king I believe..it was dark when we lost it at the boat  he made another run and ripped my swivel apart.everthing came from 80-120fow about 30-80 down on the riggers

still no temp probe yet.felt good to get on some fish though had a blast out there!

thanks for everyone’s replies! Big help!

Interesting you mention the swivel....the one I lost was due to a destroyed swivel....also suspect a decent king. Second time this year a SPRO swivel failed and cost me fish and tackle......rated for 45lbs test?

Needless to say, I have replaced all SPRO swivels with DW and Torpedo brand.20180622_082207(1).jpg

Sent from my SM-T820 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

It was actually a swivel that I acquired with the boat I’m not sure of the maker.looks like a south bend to be honest...heading back out Tomorrow morning am. also bringing a new sonar on board tomorrow..nothing special but far superior to what I have can’t wait!! 

• Like 1