Erie trip 6/15/18

stoneam2006

Well took off work today to hit erie with a guy from work and his son hoping to kill the eyes....welllll that didn't go as planned I couldn't buy a walleye bite tried everything just couldn't move a rod and marked tons of fish. So around 1130 decided to go deep for Lakers as I had my trusty gambler rigs with me. Only landed one but it was a good one. As usual I could count on gambler rigs to save me from a skunk. 34" 18#

Still beats working20180615_115513.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Lake Ontario United mobile app

• Like 1

wow man thats shocking.  we fished Barcelona going east towards dunkirk.  30-60fow and slayed them on 2-3-5 color lead core, long lines, and riggers up high.

but like you said, it beats work.  Well be out fishing tomorrow and sunday as well.

Edited by jigstick

wow man thats shocking.  we fished Barcelona going east towards dunkirk.  30-60fow and slayed them on 2-3-5 color lead core, long lines, and riggers up high.
Damn. I may launch there Sunday am almost did today but opted not to. I went from Dunkirk to Van Buren all over all depths dipsy boards riggers coppers steels lead cores flat line with snap weight couldn't move anything. Covered from 15' to 100' tried from 2.5 to 1.5 speed nothing at all I was stumped....

15 hours ago, jigstick said:

but like you said, it beats work.  Well be out fishing tomorrow and sunday as well.

Wow, I will try Erie for the first time in august. Will Dunkirk area still a good place to go that time of year? What was the average size of those walleye?

Apparently year 2018 and few years after will be the best in a long time for walleye on Erie. Perfect timing for a first visite.
For sure..I started last year and it was fantastic fishing. Seemed like you could do no wrong. I was completly shocked yesterday. We will give it another shot tomorrow and see if I can put some of the great info I have gotten to use. Will report back. Plan on fishing it a bunch this year.

2 minutes ago, stoneam2006 said:

For sure..I started last year and it was fantastic fishing. Seemed like you could do no wrong. I was completly shocked yesterday. We will give it another shot tomorrow and see if I can put some of the great info I have gotten to use. Will report back. Plan on fishing it a bunch this year.

Well I'll follow your reports, good luck!

• Like 1