That place can be funny if i am having a tough go of it there and i am not marking lots of bait or fish i will pick up and make  8 mile run east or west and take a look around many times it changes the hole  game and puts me on fish .

This morning was a little slow but managed 6, then we had 9 this afternoon, dropped too many this afternoon. Deep was barren, stayed close to the bait and just worked. All spoons for me today.

Capt Rich

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

Yes we boxed 8 browns today, lost a few others before heading out for Kings. Which we boated 5 and lost 4 others. Temps are changing, so you will have look, around. Earlier in the morning was good, leadcores and divers were best for the browns.

Capt Rich

You will need to find where 60-62 degrees meets the bottom. Today we were in 30-50’, the fish were 5’ down to the bottom. By next weekend they could be deeper, or in same depth, depending on winds and temps.

Capt Rich.

• Like 1

Run close to bottom for the browns !

Not necessarily true, this weekend I was running 30-50’, my browns were coming on 1.5,2,2.5,3,4,5 color cores, along with 30’ divers. You have find out where the fish are in the column and work it!! Mid day, yes fish closer to the bottom, but early morning the fish have been from surface down. We had browns crashing bait on the surface this weekend when we were setting up. In fact we had our few bites on a flat lines rogue back 175’. Remember browns like warm water, 60-65 degrees, especially early morning is nothing to them!!!

Capt Rich.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app
  • Like 2

You will need to find where 60-62 degrees meets the bottom. Today we were in 30-50’, the fish were 5’ down to the bottom. By next weekend they could be deeper, or in same depth, depending on winds and temps.

Capt Rich.

Is this tactic good throughout the summer or just as they move out from spring to summer.

- GBL

Puffer II: 1802 Trophy
Green Boat: 1966 Starcraft Mariner-V 14

Capt Rich.

Is this tactic good throughout the summer or just as they move out from spring to summer.

- GBL

Puffer II: 1802 Trophy
Green Boat: 1966 Starcraft Mariner-V 14

Once the thermocline sets up, you will need to find where 60-62 meets the bottom. Until that point, I would start in 30’ and Work my way out until I find what you are looking for. Just remember these fish will venture into warmer water to feed if the bait is in there. Look for the birds first thing in the morning, if there is any actively pounding the water, slide into, or out to where they are working and cover from top to bottom with your presentation.

Capt Rich