Fished from 0700 to Noon. Went 4 for 6.  Kept 3 fish. Threw one small Coho back. Kept two Kings about 13 and 15 lbs. Kept one Steelhead about 8 lbs. Lost two nice fish. I fished between Harbor and Smoke Stack. Caught fish from 150-225 FOW. Did not mark ANY BAIT at all. Only marked a few fish in 140 FOW that looked to be cohos down about 50. Spoons caught a couple, but the stud fly and 6" spin doctor (white) was working best. I needed one more for the box, at 11 am, and I was in 200 FOW, and things had gotten slow. So I decided to haul everything in and I went out to deep water. Usually I would have wrapped up and went home, satisfied with my 2 fish, but I wondered what was out there in the deep water. So I went out to 375 FOW, 5 miles straight out from piers.  Within 10 minutes had a big hit on the diver, 180 back, the stud fly rig. Landed  a nice king, second of the day, and that was my limit. Water temp was 62 surface, in the 200 FOW range it was 52 approx down at the ball as I recall. Out in the 375, I found 42 down 100, about 46 down about 80. Good Luck out there, and please make a report, good or bad. Thanks. Oh, BTW, the Niagara Marine Patrol safety checked my boat when I came in.

• Like 3

Thanks for the report... I will be out there tomorrow and will provide a report

Sent from my iPad using Lake Ontario United

Fished today a little west out of Olcott harbor.... Afraid I don’t have much helpful information to report. We only caught a few small Kings. We started at 375 FOV and headed out, ultimately going to the fences and working our way back in looking for activity. The water out at the fence was 5 deg cooler on top (about 57) but the down temp was 46 deg down 50 ft. We systematically worked our way in and found the best marks between 90 and 120 FOV but by then we had spent too much time and the sun was high and it was a pancake. We ran mostly spoons and some SD/Flys but could not move a rod. We graphed many fish cruising through the riggers but nothing. In addition, we graphed nearly no bait. In hindsight, I wish we stayed in closer and had brought some meat.

Sent from my iPad using Lake Ontario United mobile app
  • Like 3

We also went out of olcott this morning. Was setting lines by 6:15 had boated 5 fish by 7:30 with a few throwbacks, fished out front in 100 - 130 FOW down 40 to 80 down, all small walleye spoons. They were short hitting the magnums all weekend and wouldn’t stay buttoned up. They inhaled the small spoons.

We fished Friday Saturday and Sunday morning, boxed every day but had to work at it.

Tried flasher fly, meat, plugs, and everything else I could thing of, small spoons were the best. We even caught 1 king on a worm harness. Lol. All in all a great trip.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

IMG_0110.thumb.JPG.69de1b3cf4a4984faf129ef156b4837b.JPGIMG_0113.thumb.JPG.a011020c94611df43af81420d62c2165.JPG

Would also like to give a shout out to a guy that goes by the handle ( Batters up ) great guy! Pointed me in the right direction on Friday. Thanks man. [emoji1303]

• Like 1

We also went out of olcott this morning. Was setting lines by 6:15 had boated 5 fish by 7:30 with a few throwbacks, fished out front in 100 - 130 FOW down 40 to 80 down, all small walleye spoons. They were short hitting the magnums all weekend and wouldn’t stay buttoned up. They inhaled the small spoons.
We fished Friday Saturday and Sunday morning, boxed every day but had to work at it.
Tried flasher fly, meat, plugs, and everything else I could thing of, small spoons were the best. We even caught 1 king on a worm harness. Lol. All in all a great trip.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

IMG_0110.thumb.JPG.69de1b3cf4a4984faf129ef156b4837b.JPGIMG_0113.thumb.JPG.a011020c94611df43af81420d62c2165.JPG
Would also like to give a shout out to a guy that goes by the handle ( Batters up ) great guy! Pointed me in the right direction on Friday. Thanks man. [emoji1303]
Your wife can actually get up early enough so you are setting lines at 6:15? Unheard of.

Sent from my XT1030 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

• Like 1

Went out Sunday marking fish and bait at 75 fow•  5  lb king 5:15 trolled to 175 turned came back made 4~5 passes ended up 2   12 lb kings in all 7/9 6 kings and 1 Atlantic all released to fight another day h20 temps in 50ss but hanging by bait fished til 10

Edited by Matt068