One more question last night i tried curing some skein and some loose. I used pro-cure and followed the instructions but im not getting the durability out of the eggs,there all freakin breakin on me when i go to make sacs.Any advise would be appreciated thanks!!!

what method did you use? brine? or just sprikle it on? all my skein is done in a brine... soak it for a hour.. then all skeins layed out on towels to dry 12-24hrs.. then cover in borax.. the borax will toughen up the eggs and the skein membrane

Picture009.jpg

I put them in a quart size ziploc with procure mixing it around every 5 min. Then i put the on a screen for 12hours.How long do you keep the borax on them?How do you store the skein and if you want single eggs how do you seperate them.I appreciate all the info thanks!!!

the borax stays on.. as for storing the cured skein.. just toss it in the fridge in some sort of container.. should stay good for a month or more in the fridge... can also freeze it and will stay good for alot longer... as for single eggs either wait a few more weeks to catch a loose hen or you can scrape the eggs off the skein membrane..... i dont cure my loose eggs.. put them on a towel roll them around a bit to dry them off a bit and then put borax on them then freeze.. thaw as needed... i only pro cure salmon skein to fish for the kings.. fresh brown trout eggs are the bait of choice for steelies

• 1 month later...

Nice job chrom blaber. Only your about ten years to late, me and my bud have been smashing kings on 18 mile creek for more years than you have been fishing. On eggs! And now thanks to people like you, we have had to seek less crowded waters. Im sure you will take full credit for inventing this style of fishing, so to you I give a big cookie. Good luck, and may all of your holes be full of out of state fisherman and over night rock stars. I wish to be the first to tell you that I think that you are the best salmon fisherman on the great lakes, maby this will keep you from gitting on the web and braging .

Nice job chrom blaber. Only your about ten years to late, me and my bud have been smashing kings on 18 mile creek for more years than you have been fishing. On eggs! And now thanks to people like you, we have had to seek less crowded waters. Im sure you will take full credit for inventing this style of fishing, so to you I give a big cookie. Good luck, and may all of your holes be full of out of state fisherman and over night rock stars. I wish to be the first to tell you that I think that you are the best salmon fisherman on the great lakes, maby this will keep you from gitting on the web and braging .

wow thanks man!!! you have def earned the a*** of the day award! .. please stay in Ohio

what the hell???????????? fishing report page??????????? keep on posting chrome that is what this site is about.

what the hell???????????? fishing report page??????????? keep on posting chrome that is what this site is about.

i plan on it... and i dont see in my original post of ANY mention of creek names?? so maybe he wants his cookie back?

Chromeslayer: I don't post often but do read daily. Keep up with the great posts. I live in Youngstown and love hearing about the fishing that I am missing out on. Can't wait for the steelhead in the gorge, I'll be there in the morning.

Firstpinohio:If you look over the thousands of posts that are on this website it's mostly fisherman helping other fisherman. There is one member form California that tries the different techniques that we us on the east, and he is successful out west. Rarely, if ever, will you see a negative post. I'm glad to see that you joined this great forum just to express your negative and ignorant comments. Have a great life, may you always be miserable.

• 1 month later...