Cayuga Cayuga 6-15

Surface temperatures are increasing and the bait and big fish moving deeper. We targeted rainbows and found 52 degree water down 50 over 120 on the West side half way between Deans cove and Sheldrake. Ran stacked riggers 40 and 60, Slide divers at 50. Took a couple of nice ones on the divers and some Lakers off the riggers. The 6lb bow liked a rainbow Needlefish and the 7 lb one ate a greasy chicken wing scorpion.

20180618_115341.jpg

20180617_204754.jpg

Edited by fingerlakesfreddy
Meant to say West not East side.

Nice going on that bow Cinnemon fish. I didn't see this until now...sorry about that but we caught 9 unintentional lakers 3 -8 lbs and 3 landlocks all about the same near minimum size (one measured with the thought to use in my buddy's smoker but had to go back only 17 1/2 inches). Lost another bigger landlock right at the back of the boat. Had another 4 hits that didn't connect. One landlock had a 12 inch lamprey attached so I figured he'd look better as two halves and he didn't swim away 😀 We purposely fished the top 40 ft of water from 50 ft out to 300 plus over the course of our troll and only fished the west side from Deans to just before Sheldrake and then north to about 2 or 3 miles north of Deans (couple passes). Most of the fish came from just south of Deans in 114-141 ft of water with 1 laker coming out deep in about 300 ft.Two of the landlocks came off 3 color leadcore on inlines with J-7 gold and orange rapala and another came on a small green Cyclops again of boards on 5 color leadcore. A  couple lakers came on flasher/fly run high at 60 ft out and one at 70 ft out.with magnum dipsy. Most others were on riggers set at 35 and 40 respectively. Temps were all over the place during the day as we hit pools of water that were 60 degrees down 38 ft while most of the time it was about 52-56 at 33 ft and 65 on surface. I thought if we stayed high on the column we could avoid the lake trout....forget that theory they are all over the place and one even hit the little gold J-7 Rapala. Nothing on sliders no matter what size. Even the lakers seemed to want a trolling speed around 2.5 at the ball.

Edited by Sk8man
  • Like 2

11 for 13 tonight, no chop so I targeted Lakers. 2 ll"s on the smaller side. What a beautiful evening! Green chinook diver was the breadwinner set at 182 with a wonderbread flasher running over 85-100 FOW. Couple fish on a bronze spin and glow at 65 has been a steady producer. Too still for good silver action. You guys gotta ditch those dipseys for these chinooks, I'm telling ya!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Lake Ontario United mobile app

• Like 1