Thanks to this report and Captain Tom Ewing's Intel we were able to have a successful morning. Caught them on spoons off riggers and 10 color lead core. Most only down 55 over 100-160 fow. One was shallower off cheater . Did take one rip on dipsy on ff out 220. Had a few other releases on riggers. Beautiful day on the waterIMG_4791.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

• Like 2

Wow a lot of great fish being caught up this way.

Had a late start yesterday, but after about an hour of running the outer trench. Hooked up into this chrome dozer. 50’ down on a physcho perch spoon.

I’ve heard people talk about the lanes. New to the area. Where about is this? I usually launch out of stony or Henderson.

Thanks guys!

D9C2EC01-7661-4203-A627-ED886EB8E15B.jpeg
  • Like 1

Its a 7 mile run from Henderson state launch. I'm not sure about coming out of Stoney. I went out of there before but it's always shallower there, and one time I came in there from the wind picking up on the lake and bottomed out!! If it's calm:dull: :lol: yea right ill go out of there but for 45 min ill stick with Henderson. JMO.

I went out yesterday after having some successful trips days prior. We hooked up with 4 beautiful fish just outside the wall. We lost all of them 🤦‍♂️ I took a friend that was new to fishing so he had a lil trouble reeling em in keeping line tight. Then i lost a few. They seemed to be biting light yesterday for us. It still was a blast just not our day. Hahahaha. We were 120-150 45 foot down flasher and spoon bite.  Tight lines everyone!

• Like 2

I went out yesterday after having some successful trips days prior. We hooked up with 4 beautiful fish just outside the wall. We lost all of them 🤦‍♂️ I took a friend that was new to fishing so he had a lil trouble reeling em in keeping line tight. Then i lost a few. They seemed to be biting light yesterday for us. It still was a blast just not our day. Hahahaha. We were 120-150 45 foot down flasher and spoon bite.  Tight lines everyone!

Were you outside the wall of Henderson?

Yes. We launched from Henderson harbor   I haven’t tried the trench yet. We did great there in August last year. May try that next outing 

Edited by Agoohasin1

Went out Sunday, we were kind of late getting out there and started fishing around 7:30 am. One of the anglers had stomach issues and had to stay home.  First rigger down with probe parked at 68 and water temp was 52.  Started putting out the second line and fish on.  Set up in 140 fow, same story, same results as last week, same details.  We boxed 11 adults and one skippy and were in by 1:00 pm. Had our share of brake offs and hook outs.  Had a group of men not used to having fighting fish of that caliber but still an awesome trip.  All spoon program, did put out a flasher on the dipsy with a spoon on it that took a couple rips and we landed one nice one on that.  All the rest of the business was spoons on the riggers.  

IMG_3796.JPG

IMG_3808.JPG

• Like 1

Looking for a little info.

I normally fish Henderson Harbour a few days every year. Due to an illness It looks like it will be day trips this year.

I am looking at trying to save a little travel time. 

I would be coming down from the Canadian side.

Is it more feasible to cross at I-81and shoot out to Cape Vincent ,launch and hit shipping lanes or run to Henderson and launch there and run out to the finger or mountain or shipping lanes.

Thanks in advance.

By the way,great pics.

Also have a Happy July 4th folks.

All the best.

Mitch

• Like 1

Looking for a little info.
I normally fish Henderson Harbour a few days every year. Due to an illness It looks like it will be day trips this year.
I am looking at trying to save a little travel time. 
I would be coming down from the Canadian side.
Is it more feasible to cross at I-81and shoot out to Cape Vincent ,launch and hit shipping lanes or run to Henderson and launch there and run out to the finger or mountain or shipping lanes.
Thanks in advance.
By the way,great pics.
Also have a Happy July 4th folks.
All the best.
Mitch

Not 100% sure but believe quickest launch to the shipping lanes is at the Isthmus, it’s not a bad run at all, closer than the Cape.

Is that the launch on Route 57?

Looks like a bit of a milk run to get to that launch.

Trying to get more time on the water.

Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is that the launch on Route 57?
Looks like a bit of a milk run to get to that launch.
Trying to get more time on the water.
Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes 57, not sure your size boat but I launched my Starcraft 196 fishmaster there last year and it was a nice launch.
  • Like 1

I wasn’t going to post my trip this past Saturday just because it was such a short trip but I think it can help some of you.
I left the Henderson launch around 5:15am and headed for the mountain but hit some pretty good waves at the lighthouse and decided to start trolling there. We were set up around 5:45 and didn’t fire a rod til around 6:00, and landed a nice 34” king at 6:15. A thunder storm was rolling in against the wind direction so I decided being out there in an aluminum boat wasn’t the best idea so we pulled and ran to the bay in front of the cut. I decided to only run 2 riggers with spoons and a cheater slider on both. We immediately fired a rod in 60fow 31’ down with a nice brown. So I set back up 41’ down on one and 31’ down on the other with sliders on both once again. We went over a huge bait pod and fired a rod but just snagged an Alewife. So I set backup and went over another big bait pod with lots of marks on it. My port rod started jumping so I figured it was a fish that hit the slider or I was going thru the bait when the rod took off screaming. When I saw the fish jump I realized we had a king salmon hooked in only 55fow only about 1 mile from the cut. I fought this fish and when we got it to the boat the slider had a brown trout on it along with the King. Due to weather we quit at 8:30 with 2 kings and 2 Browns, and caught a nice sheepshead on the spoons also. So all in All not a bad day when considering drive time we didn’t fish long at all. I’m gonna say this....that day I believe the trench was full of kings that everyone was driving past, who knows they could be still there.

Always cheaper to trailer closer to the area you want to fish. Plus given weather conditions...... I’d rather ride rough water a shorter distance. If you don’t draft a lot of water. Stoney creek launch gets you in a good spot pretty quick
Tight lines good luck

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United