Sounds like fun. I think we are about 3 hours to Henderson but only a short trip out to the cut. Just have to find a couple of volunteers now.

Running a 21’ Mako CC.

I’ve been out of Stoney and I think I probably draft a little to much to get on and off the trailer there. Henderson launch is no problem.

Thanks again.

Mitch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

Out Saturday and still pretty good. Not as EPIC as it’s been but still good. Fleas are not horrible, temps remain consistent, mostly spoons bite. Glows early and naturals when the sun is out. Did take a few on FF on the wire. Boated 11 Kings, 2 steels.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Out Saturday and still pretty good. Not as EPIC as it’s been but still good. Fleas are not horrible, temps remain consistent, mostly spoons bite. Glows early and naturals when the sun is out. Did take a few on FF on the wire. Boated 11 Kings, 2 steels.

Nice catch. What FOW were you in?

37 minutes ago, wallaholic said:

Riggers were 75, 80, 85, 90 down, dips were 245-285 nothing  really on fire there.  120-160 fow

What temperatures were you finding between 75 & 90 ft on your probe?

Fishing couldn't have been any better for us as we were up last week. Last week the 8th-15th we only had a slow day till we found them. I had my uncle and my 13 year old daughters along and we had more than epic fishing catching different species of the trout families, we caught browns, steelhead and I think we had 2 or more year classes of kings. I don't know for sure if the young of the year would be 18-22" but all the 3 sizes had black in the jaws and toungs?? They weighed from 6 to 10#'s the next size was 15 - 18 pounds which I have a pic of up to 24 - 26 pounds which I need to get off my daughters phones. I wanted to run 4 poles but soon realized that I needed to rid the Walker weighted dipseies as I'm not a mate by any means and 2 young girls operating the poles made it trying to say the least but I wouldn't have wanted it any other way!! The kick azz moment of the whole trip was we were coming back in when I noticed big arches on the bottom in the 120 to 130 depths of the trench, we were still in the trolling mode hoping for one last fish but we were still at 2.7-3.0 at the ball so we slowed down to 1.5-1.9 couldn't go any slower or we couldn't control the boat as the winds were starting to pick up. So I put out a walker dipsey out at 275 on a #3 setting and riggers parked at 135 and the fishhawk reading around 120ft we trolled for maybe 15 minutes when the dipsey out 275 starts screaming and ripping back like I was caught on the bottom!! After 1/2hr of give and take and the girls taking turns reeling I had the drag as tight as I felt safe. The girls got the fish to the swim platform when I saw it was a laker on gamblers rigg off a green and chrome flasher!! This was a fish of a lifetime, I can honestly say this was the largest fresh water fish I have ever saw, also noticed it only had 1 barb in the corner of it jaw in the fleshy part. I had forgotten my big net at home but had a ranger net it the boat that was a project to get Emily's 18# king in I knew this was going to be a very trying ordeal to land this monster!! Thinking that the fish was exhausted I had the girls pull the rod and walk it towards the front and we would drop the fish back into the net, the minute the fish felt the netting against its tail it went crazy streaking towards the front of the boat and turning straight down and pulling the hook!! We all just stood their in silence and disbelief. I felt sick for my girls and myself and my uncle just couldn't believe what just happened. Well there's always next time!! LOL and I know there will be a big azz net in the boat. Here's some pics of the girls fish. They have others on their phones. Had the best fishing I ever experienced. We also released a lot of fish that didn't get photos on account of just not thinking about it and also making for a fast release. Most of the fish came out of 70ish feet of water 40 to 60 ft down. sorry I have doubles where other pics should have been and I can't fix it without risking losing them all?? I'll see if I can get them on a different post. PAP.IMG_8514.thumb.jpg.e7b871427bc62425d442901f874eed9e.jpgIMG_8514.thumb.jpg.e7b871427bc62425d442901f874eed9e.jpgIMG_8514.thumb.jpg.e7b871427bc62425d442901f874eed9e.jpgIMG_8514.thumb.jpg.e7b871427bc62425d442901f874eed9e.jpg20180713_210321.thumb.jpg.a2871e2b8d0ce1eb7ad376edebcd92d1.jpg20180712_121208.thumb.jpg.f849e87361df16a6962b1f0251c34e1c.jpgIMG_8514.thumb.jpg.e7b871427bc62425d442901f874eed9e.jpgIMG_8514.thumb.jpg.e7b871427bc62425d442901f874eed9e.jpgIMG_8518.thumb.jpg.4f34ae421ddf70f0c820ea75d294e710.jpgIMG_8514.thumb.jpg.e7b871427bc62425d442901f874eed9e.jpg

IMG_8503.jpg

20180711_123131.jpg

Edited by pap
  • Like 2

Kevin so sorry to hear about your pinched nerve, believe me I know your pain!! It flat sucks, I’ll need a vacation from my vacation. LOL All you charter captains l now know what you go through day in and day out!! It’s not easy by any means when the others can’t help you. 

Les thank you!! This trip was more than epic as the excitement on the girls faces and how hard the fish pull was more than one can explain. You know they are pooped out when one balls themselves up on the dog coop and the other climbs in the cuddy and sleeps about an hour back in. We ran out past Stoney point and strait towards the smoke stack!! My boat works so sweet at 3000rpm and that puts me at 21-23mph depending on the lake conditions. As I write to you guys here on LOU, other than my experiences on fly in trips to Canada this was as good as it gets!! I’m still on a mental High just thinking about it. I have waited patiently for years for this kind of fishing with my gals!! and they did one hell of a job for the first time out on the big pond and dealing with these types of fish. There’s no way to explain what happens until you experience it yourself!!! and that they did. PAP.

• Like 2

We had temps one day in the mid 50’s the next day the 4xd read 49* every day was a new number. Bait moved out and so did the fish. We moved to deeper water to find warmer down temps crazy. Some days we were sog at 3.5 to 4mph to get 2.5 2.7 and other days we were at 1.5- 1.7 to get down to 3mph at the ball and couldn’t go any less or we had no control in the winds.

Pap,
What a great story, wish the laker could have made it to the net, would have loved to see a picture of that monster!
I got out tonight with my 2 girls and our neighbor kid but I decided to leave only a little over an hour in. It was hazy and I had a bad feeling of a possible thunderstorm so I pulled. We were lucky enough to pull a few fish in the short time, what a great feeling to see two youngsters double team a 25lb king!!!
Memories forever.
I wish I could load the video here but it won’t take.

Awesome!! Awesome!! Guys this thread is turning out great!! The whole nut in the shell started Friday before we left I hooked up my trailer this time and I had no lights on the drivers side, needless to say I couldn’t follow my uncle up. So Saturday trying to figure out the problem I was getting more mad as the day went on, finally I have had it, jumped in my wife’s car flew out to tractor supply and got a new harness tied the two sides up and pulled the new harness through and a couple hrs. later we are good to go lights are working properly!! Now it’s 5:pm and I’m ready to leave!! Got the girls in the truck and took off for the BRCG. 10:pm we arrived and still not realizing I forgot the net!! Rigged boat with electronics, riggers ect. and that’s when I realized I had forgotten my big salmon net but had my walleye net figured that should be good enough never thinking we would encounter the size fish we did. I had my hands full getting Emily’s 18# king in that net!! When I saw the size of the laker I knew this was going to be shy of a miracle if we land this monster, and so it was as we watched it swim back to the depths it came from.😢🤮

12 hours ago, starcraftloaded said:

IMG_3059.JPG

Yes that is a great feeling watching the kids take turns reeling it in I was just watching and the exchanged turns perfectly. Glad to see and hear you did well also!! I give up trying to load other pics it must be something with the girls sending me their pics???anyway it was a blast!!

IMG_8518.jpg

37CCBED9-2EE8-40D6-99B2-8D76E09F5382.jpeg

Edited by pap
  • Like 2

I just wanted to add something else, I put a 2014 merc15hp on for a kicker cause my old Evinrude kicked the bucket.LOL using that kicker with electric start that was one of the best features I added this year other than a Fish Hawk 4xd definitely a game changer!! anyway back to my original thought, my kicker I had to run a 1/4 throttle and that motor kept up my three group 31 batteries at full capacity!! I have the voltage of my batteries on my sonar and with the alternator on my main keeping the 3 batteries at 14.2 and with kicker running we stayed at 14 volts all day!! I was happier than a clam as that voided one other thing I needed to keep an eye on. We were running a fish hawk 2 Lowrance inits a constant up and down with 2 cannon riggers, plus I ran 3 8hr days on 3 gallons of fuel I was amazed at the mercs performance!!! Now I need a TR1Gold yet and I’ll be golden!! “In my mind) LOL PAP.

• Like 2

Went out Monday from Stony launch. If you follow the channel, you won't have any problems getting out. I have a 21' Trophy that I fish out of. The guide that runs out of Stony has a Penn Yan monster that he has no issues getting out either. Follow the buoys. Channel swings closer to shore than you realize. Shallowest I seen is 4' to transducer when I go. Trans is 18" under water. Just my 2 pennies.
Now to the fishing, 2 for 3. Little skipper off dipsy with spoon. Other 2 rigger F/F. Reason lost one is hook broke. Other, salmon antics. Fished 100 fow, 70' is where we found good water temp. Fleas still a pain in ass! Need good North winds to blow them back to other end of lake! Lol! Hopefully make it back out this weekend. If it rains, definitely!!

Sent from my E6810 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Went out Monday from Stony launch. If you follow the channel, you won't have any problems getting out. I have a 21' Trophy that I fish out of. The guide that runs out of Stony has a Penn Yan monster that he has no issues getting out either. Follow the buoys. Channel swings closer to shore than you realize. Shallowest I seen is 4' to transducer when I go. Trans is 18" under water. Just my 2 pennies.
Now to the fishing, 2 for 3. Little skipper off dipsy with spoon. Other 2 rigger F/F. Reason lost one is hook broke. Other, salmon antics. Fished 100 fow, 70' is where we found good water temp. Fleas still a pain in ass! Need good North winds to blow them back to other end of lake! Lol! Hopefully make it back out this weekend. If it rains, definitely!!

Sent from my E6810 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Is that huge log still there? It was near a buoy once you came out of the channel and hit the flats. I haven’t been there in a couple weeks.

- GBL

Puffer II: 1802 Trophy
Green Boat: 1966 Starcraft Mariner-V 14