I attempted to go out early Thursday morning to get the kids some more action. NOAH’s forecast was 1’ or less so I figured we would be in great shape. Well it was way to rough to take little kids out in a 196 Starcraft fishmaster so we turned around halfway to the lighthouse and went back to bed, lol
Later in the day a friend of mine said it laid down pretty good so we loaded up and headed out around 4:30 and pulled at 7:15. We didn’t fire a rod for a while so I changed up some spoons and immediately started getting some rips here and there but nothing great. We lost a few kings, one was a break off but did land a smaller king some browns and a Laker that though he was a king, peeling line and all. Anyway I couldn’t get dialed in, seemed like All deeper fish wouldn’t hit and there was very few marks high but that’s where most hits came from. Best producer was a 67’ down rigger with a stacker 18’ above it. Dipsy rods were quiet but had a few hits that didn’t connect but our biggest brown did hit a flasher fly on a mag dipsy 125’ out. They are gonna turn on ands it’s gonna be a blood bath, just really wish the weather forecasters could do a better job or at least update the site. I checked again at 9:00 and it still said 1’ or less and charter boats were cancelling due to sick customers. Probably was 4’ average with some huge rollers mixed in here and there.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, starcraftloaded said:

IMG_3076.JPGIMG_3078.JPGIMG_3081.JPGIMG_3080.JPGIMG_3083.JPG

Hey looks like your in the BRCG fish cleaning station!! Are you staying in the BRCG? If so that’s where we are located. I’m pretty sure I recognized your place, your down near the launch end. We should plan a time to be there at the same time and cover turf. Maybe you saw my rig! Creme colored cuddy with kicker on the swim platform with green graphics “One Worm” hooked to a red gmc pick up. Nice fish by the way. I heard that the Stoney point light house was to shallow so I made the run from the Henderson launch. I could cut a lot of time off but I never went out of Stoney. I’ll have to check that out!! Great to hear you had a good time. When we were up it was crazy fishing, I did away with the dipsy rods and just ran the riggers with cheaters which caught the browns and stellies and the spoons did the damage on the 3 different classes of kings and we backed the speed off and put out dodgers with gamblers double green spinner/flies in the trench area!! PAP.

• Like 1

Yessir, I bought the park model next to the pavilion. Really like it there, can’t wait to get back out. Let me know when you are going for sure that would be great! I think I did see your boat, I’ll be looking next time for sure. I’ll let you know when staying we can talk fishing over a beer, lol

• Like 1

Absolutely!! 👍 thanks for the return post. My daughters are chomping at the bit to go again!! Will let you know for the next trip!!

After contemplating from 5-6 AM Sunday morning we decided to head out into the violent wind and waves on the east end.  I need to ask the question, does anyone have record of the NOAA weather report being accurate?  I just get a laugh out of it.  14 miles NW of the Stoney Light it said 1 foot or less.  Let me tell you it was 5-7 footers coming from 3 different directions and we had only one option of fishing the inner part of the trench.  So we set up in 80 ft off the high rocks and started our troll towards the wall.  We picked off a few browns on the way towards the wall.  Once we got past the light house it was consistent 5 footers with a healthy mix of bigger.  We tied into 3 screamers and after 3 hard fought battles dropped all three an arms length from the net.  Got a good look at them all 18-20 lb class.  I decided to pick up and head back toward the cut as I just couldn't get a presentation I was happy with.  Pulled and headed back set up where we started and focused the rest of the morning inside a little bit.  We ended with 3 kings, and 8 browns.  Left dock at 7, fished until 1, 80 fow was best, temp was 60-65 down, all spoons, 10 color was good.  

• Like 1

After contemplating from 5-6 AM Sunday morning we decided to head out into the violent wind and waves on the east end.  I need to ask the question, does anyone have record of the NOAA weather report being accurate?  I just get a laugh out of it.  14 miles NW of the Stoney Light it said 1 foot or less.  Let me tell you it was 5-7 footers coming from 3 different directions and we had only one option of fishing the inner part of the trench.  So we set up in 80 ft off the high rocks and started our troll towards the wall.  We picked off a few browns on the way towards the wall.  Once we got past the light house it was consistent 5 footers with a healthy mix of bigger.  We tied into 3 screamers and after 3 hard fought battles dropped all three an arms length from the net.  Got a good look at them all 18-20 lb class.  I decided to pick up and head back toward the cut as I just couldn't get a presentation I was happy with.  Pulled and headed back set up where we started and focused the rest of the morning inside a little bit.  We ended with 3 kings, and 8 browns.  Left dock at 7, fished until 1, 80 fow was best, temp was 60-65 down, all spoons, 10 color was good.  

Lol I agree, it’s never right, usually I always say, “double it” and you will be close......but this year it’s out of control.......must be the new guy is drunk or really high cause it’s consistently predicted 1’ or less and end up being 4-8’ waves, how can they be that far off. I’m closer looking at the wind speed predictions on the weather channel, lol
  • Like 1

Lol I agree, it’s never right, usually I always say, “double it” and you will be close......but this year it’s out of control.......must be the new guy is drunk or really high cause it’s consistently predicted 1’ or less and end up being 4-8’ waves, how can they be that far off. I’m closer looking at the wind speed predictions on the weather channel, lol

Yes sir Mark, actually the best tasting Salmon I’ve ever had, not sure if it’s the colder water temperature or what. I’m not a “fish eating” guy either...I do like walleye, Perch, crappie, but anything that’s too fishy tasting I’m not crazy about. The salmon I had from 3 weeks ago was good.

• Like 1

Very silver and the ones we fought battled like 30 lbers.  I didn't get a lot of pics yesterday but here are a few, I know everyone loves seeing the proof.  :beer:  I didn't have them downloaded earlier.IMG_3930.thumb.jpg.98d1552d99ac0a961e01744f3e137cb9.jpgIMG_3931.thumb.JPG.63da89806cc5d12eb709e4a30081cdc4.JPGIMG_3932.thumb.JPG.a233bf039b2f959fbbd18444cb165b07.JPGIMG_3933.thumb.JPG.0ba13955bba6dd310627edee19d46ead.JPGIMG_3934.thumb.JPG.7b454a906d9256196c22084376012495.JPGIMG_4550.thumb.jpg.27969c1a2d75bb11492a1b74386ae836.jpg

52 minutes ago, starcraftloaded said:

Yes sir Mark, actually the best tasting Salmon I’ve ever had, not sure if it’s the colder water temperature or what. I’m not a “fish eating” guy either...I do like walleye, Perch, crappie, but anything that’s too fishy tasting I’m not crazy about. The salmon I had from 3 weeks ago was good.

LOL, thanks, I’m exactly like you you, when it comes to eating fish🤮. other than walleye and perch, and haddock that’s it. I removed the skin on one and just filleted the fish with skin on to try and smoke them. The color was bright orange definitely in the system awhile. Even hade adipose fin so might be a good fish. Was the meat soft or firm! I was surprised as to how squishy the meat was I thought it would have been more firm, but I never filleted such a thick fish.

• Like 2

Are those two Atlantic’s?? Nice job and great pics. Our browns were that size but the kids couldn’t keep them buttoned up, nice job again and we saw you out there along with other charters, great time!!

7 minutes ago, wallaholic said:

Those are browns in the pics.

The second pic is what I thought might’ve been a Atlantic because of the spotting and the green top. I’ll take your word as I’m not that big into the trout scene, with the walleye fishing being almost non existent a man gotta do what a man gotta do, plus there’s a lot more activity going on for the kids to keep interested!! Thanks for your expertise and sharing your pics. PAP.

What is  the finger/fingers in the area?I heard it few times. I am new to Henderson fishing
Mike

IMG_9326.PNG

There it is, looks like a finger coming off the lighthouse.

- GBL

Puffer II: 1802 Trophy
Green Boat: 1966 Starcraft Mariner-V 14