I went 4-5 solo yesterday off the tip of the finger. 3 smaller kings and a laker, lost what felt like a good king. Mostly meat on divers. Lotta boats out but didnt see anyone doing much, lots of moving around and many boats pulling lines and headed south, just a little too rough yesterday for me to want to make that far of a run

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

Good, bad, ugly... Out this morning got to trench around 7:15. Trolled from the pill boxes past the mountain. 44 degrees down 90 ft. 1 skippy and 2 releases with nothing home. Spoon and flasher fly. Picked up and headed towards finger, found fish hugging bottom in 90 fow on the finger, dropped down for them, 52 degrees, no one wanted to play. Picked up and headed out to finger, 41 degrees down 115. Nothing for us out there. Pulled lines at 11:30.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

Man that's tough fishing!! Before you couldn't do anything wrong. That's fishing. Now that I think of it we had a period of time where everything went dead and picked up around11am-2pm in the afternoon??.

out from 630 til 230 from pill boxes to finger, spoons, meat, varied everything we could think of.  Picked up a 5lb brown 90 down over 120 fow.  Big change from last week

Went out this morning, ran south but due to waves stopped before the deep water I wanted to fish. Set up 2 divers and 2 riggers both stacked. Fired an 81 rigger 7 minutes in with a nice king in 115 fow. After that it was silent except for a release on a stacker with a moonshine spoon. 1 for 2 and quit at 10:00 as i had to get home for a party. They seem scattered and if you can find the suspended schools they will play but finding them is the hard part. Doesn’t help bouncing around in a tin can, definitely miss the big boat, lol

My uncle was up from Wednesday till yesterday, came home said it was so miserably hot and humid he couldn’t stand it. The dog days of August are here!!

• Like 1

Was out Saturday at the lanes.  There were some kings available but a lot of boats struggled.  Killed 5 matures, lost count of the lakers and released most.  I did most of the damage on the dipsies out 325 at 3.  FF and glow green cut bait was my best.  A couple of other boats did good on the straight spoon program.   Some hits on spoons, for me I couldn't keep the shakers off the spoons so I went FF and cut bait around the horn and the lakers liked the bait as well.  Big slob greasers.  We dropped more than our share of fish as well, way more than normal.  Temp was 90 down on the cable 50-54 degrees.  Not EPIC like it was but challenging and still some good catching.    

3 hours ago, wallaholic said:

Was out Saturday at the lanes.  There were some kings available but a lot of boats struggled.  Killed 5 matures, lost count of the lakers and released most.  I did most of the damage on the dipsies out 325 at 3.  FF and glow green cut bait was my best.  A couple of other boats did good on the straight spoon program.   Some hits on spoons, for me I couldn't keep the shakers off the spoons so I went FF and cut bait around the horn and the lakers liked the bait as well.  Big slob greasers.  We dropped more than our share of fish as well, way more than normal.  Temp was 90 down on the cable 50-54 degrees.  Not EPIC like it was but challenging and still some good catching.    

I used FF and had them 30=35 ft behind the ball. I had  a lot of chasers on my graph as well.

no comments in a week>?>>  nobody been out or just staying quiet

Tried the trench for the first time this year on Sunday. Plenty of fish , but no takers headed out to 150 fow cut bait fired right away. Was having trouble with my temp probe so fished the marks ended up 1 for 3. Quit at 10 pic of screen in the trench. IMG_0438.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Was out this morning 8/16. Launched from Henderson, trolled south through the trench. Picked up one laker 90/110 on a SD/fly, and one skippy on a NBK.

Nothing else until I got to the finger. Had a rip on the mag dipsy at 180. Took me to 350, fought for about 5 min then came unglued. It was a big fish, or a foul hook, because I couldn’t do anything with that one. Green pro troll and fly.

Sent from my iPad using Lake Ontario United

Went out after some rain yesterday afternoon fished the trench out to the wall in front of lighthouse. Nothing going. Ran flasher fly and spoons above them,temp was very warm down 80ft.2 other boats out past finger. Lake settled down. Anyone out there this morning? Hows the lake condtions today?

Edited by line guy
  • Like 1

A friend of mine was out past finger yesterday, he was 1 for 7 on kings....idk he said they just couldn’t keep them buttoned. He did get 2 lakers, a steel and 1 brown. I know he said it switched back to a FF bite for Kings. He said temp was down 90’ and the father you went out it was coming up to around 70.
Waves today are 3’ white cap choppers

• Like 1

Fished the trench wensday was very rough picked up a skippy with not many marks at all so slid back towards the cut found a nice pocket of browns and picked away at them for a few hours caught some nice ones lost a huge one that got tangled in the gear tried to hand line him to the net snapped 25lb blue label off a the boat .ERR

• Like 1