8 hours ago, starcraftloaded said:

A friend of mine was out past finger yesterday, he was 1 for 7 on kings....idk he said they just couldn’t keep them buttoned. He did get 2 lakers, a steel and 1 brown. I know he said it switched back to a FF bite for Kings. He said temp was down 90’ and the father you went out it was coming up to around 70.
Waves today are 3’ white cap choppers

Was he in blue white sportcraft type boat? My sub troll must be off a lot had warm temp all through the trench from 100ft out to 130ft down 70-80ft

4-7 today, most action before 8:30 am. Shut down for me after that. FF, spoons, meat, all fired. 130-140 fow, down 58-70 or so. Had one dipsey fire at 10 am, but pretty much shut down after 8:30 am.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

• Like 1

Got out early this morning. Headed out to 130 fow off the finger. Bite was hot. A king right off the bat. About 15#. Then the Lakers decided to play. Landed and released 10 LT before 8:30  a double fired   I landed them both solo. Don’t ask me how. One was a pig. See pic  one more teen king and I called it a day at 11:00 

239D2633-D7D2-4A2E-A9F3-C04F26447D5E.jpeg

52EA0BB8-39A3-4FE8-B9EA-DE39EDE6FFF9.jpeg

Got out early this morning. Headed out to 130 fow off the finger. Bite was hot. A king right off the bat. About 15#. Then the Lakers decided to play. Landed and released 10 LT before 8:30  a double fired   I landed them both solo. Don’t ask me how. One was a pig. See pic  one more teen king and I called it a day at 11:00 
239D2633-D7D2-4A2E-A9F3-C04F26447D5E.thumb.jpeg.6f7c3639c8e029d779c1fc8e3d4b8922.jpeg
52EA0BB8-39A3-4FE8-B9EA-DE39EDE6FFF9.thumb.jpeg.5769f5ca84394665b30108a720029afd.jpeg

Cool report. We fished 100-120 in front of Stony Creek. Kinda slow for us. Went 2/3 with a couple of skippies. One king on a spoon. One LT on meat. Guess we should have been deeper.

There were 6 or so boats fishing 70-90 fow in front of Stony. Would they have been looking for browns? or are kings in that water ?

Thanks- Rusty

Rusty

Rusty,
I went through that area coming back from walleye fishing and they are definitely Browns and lots of them.

I ran past them on the way in. Talked to a guy at the launch that started in 70 -80 fow. He boated 1 king. The fish were laying in the bottom and wouldn’t budge. Kings staging ? He ran out to 130 and got into the laker action

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Launched out of Stony this morning. Got into 2-3’ers right away. Thought the trench would be less bumpy. When I got there I found it to be loaded ! ( with boats). Did a north troll with no action. When I tried a south troll, couldn’t keep anything close to a steady speed. Pulled the rods without a hit when the waves got to be too much to handle ( 3-5’?). Quite an adventure. Anybody else do anything out there ?

Thanks- Rusty

Sent from my iPad using Lake Ontario United

• Like 1

I was out as well today... launched out of Westcott’s because the bay was flat. Ran to almost the lighthouse and dropped lines, trolled past the mountain out towards to finger (130-150) when I had enough rockin and rollin, pulled lines and headed back, set back up inside light house for flatter water, 110-90 through high rocks. Marked some pockets stacked fish in 100 fow, 80’ to bottom, nobody wanted to play. Temps were up high. Temps were good, fish were not!!!

• Like 1

It’s a nice launch. Theres a sand bar at the mouth of the jetty, stay towards the red marker. A bit of a longer run, but once you’re out of the jetty you can put the throttle all the way down.

Great to hear the fish are moving in will be there Friday through Sunday hope fish and weather play nice been driving to Oswego most of the year will be a nice change of pace to fish the trench .

On 8/6/2018 at 12:53 PM, wallaholic said:
39 minutes ago, jmyers345 said:

Make sure you get out early I seen 26 boats out there by 630 am it was rough but had a good day

With last weekend bad weather this week  it will be zoo and a half.

wow nice fish! i wasnt able to get out to the trench all weekend with the kayak, the wind was a little too much but when it layed down yesterday afternoon my arms were no longer up for the long haul so ended up fishing smallmouths for the afternoon.  Quite a few boats out there yesterday, gonna have to wait until they move in now and pick on the dark ones.