Congratulations of the placing!!  Epic fishing and unfavorable conditions.  Well it was too rough for me to want to head out and do walleyes on Saturday.  Sunday  I get to the marina and other Captains and boats are coming back and saying its just to nasty.  Of course after the kids beg to go and they don't care I of course give in.  We headed across from the Isthmus into a welcoming 5-7 whitecaps with some occasional bigger.  The kids love the ride and are hooting and hollering.  Fun right?  Once we get over to the trench it is a little bit better but the wind is straight west.  I dropped in 130 fow and temp is all the way day down.  Its rigger one down, starting on #2 and we are up and running on #1.  This went on from 7:00 am -8:30 am and my niece and my son are bent over the sides not having the best morning.  Usually the action trumps getting green but the kids were not feeling to hot.  We boated 5 matures and a beautiful male coho, killed 4 of them.  It was a chaotic hour  and a half and the fishing was lights out.  It would have been another epic king trip.  My son caught his personal best 43" and I had 31 lbs on the rapala scale, big thick male.   No I didn't have the kids in the LOC, my bad.  We planned on going walleye fishing.  I always get the seasonal registration but all the anglers were not registered.  Oh well.  Looks like the weather is going to hold for another week for us.  I will post a couple pics.

IMG_0111.thumb.JPEG.e092c4ea4a752f48d60cc46cff42b527.JPEGHe is 4' 11" and had a hard time getting him off the floor, lmao, picture never does them justice 

IMG_0129.thumb.jpg.a37b586bafa4a83d6fa4134121ead496.jpgNice coho

IMG_9484.thumb.JPG.724024a9e7ff113721920608f676590a.JPGIMG_9477.thumb.jpg.c6a8ad8fd1be4e22e2a34796d9e8a595.jpgIMG_9483.thumb.JPG.d042fcd81746ccaa27938f438fb69350.JPG

Edited by wallaholic
correction

Thanks, was happy about it for sure. Over the years any placing fish I’ve boated was when I had non loc people fishing with me, it’s happened to much to where last year I said, that’s it.....if the LOC is going you better buy the ticket cause you never know. IMG_0777.thumb.JPG.78e6678e7f7711a7b522acbd053de2a9.JPG Here is my biggest brown I ever caught and would you know I had one person without the LOC in the boat, lol

Great fishing on your part in the nasty weather, looks like everyone is having fun for sure. Nice looking fish!!

Things got quiet here.  Fished Sunday 9/9, fished the trench, N/E winds changed everything.  45 degrees 20 feet down.  Nothing stood out bites on J Plugs, FF, and meat.  12 bites and scooped up most of them.  Dropped 2 cohos in the prop, had a screamer break off when it hit the wire, caught a whitefish.  Scooped one coho and the rest were kings.  Floating weeds were a huge problem and a constant pulling and cleaning rigs was the only way to get bites.  Way to much work, I think a lot of boats were driving around dirty.  On a good note all the fish we caught were bright fish and the cohos were very bright.  We may have a little more time to keep after them.  Good luck

Fished Thursday fish all but gone caught 2 kings and a dozen lakers same deal 35 to 45 down winger bight only . Went to Oswego in hopes of better conditions found ice water never even marked a fish went out to 600 and still 40 degrees ten feet down . Was worse then Henderson go figure ! 

Fished last night 4 hour quick trip. Started where we left them last weekend and locked onto 7 and landed a nice coho and 3 big male Kings. They were tough fighting fish or we may have been able to lock onto a couple more. Great short trip!

Today I had the same guys and 3 other clients fishing with captain Scott Lennox of Pole Position Charters. Good fishing today. Scott went 9-10 and did brown and a
limit of lakers. We had a case of the dropsies. Locked up a dozen and boxed half and a skip with a limit of lakers. Customers were burned out by noon and we headed back to dock. They battled some fish and had a great day and a half. A big thanks to Captain Scott and showing clients how it gets done out of Henderson. Customers wanted to catch some trout so we gave them some trout. The king bite was still on when we pulled but I’m pretty sure we could have locked up a bunch more. Very happy clients equals happy captains. That’s the end of the salmon trips for this season. It’s been an Epic one. I attached a pic to end the season from today. Good way to go out with a bang.

.IMG_4333.HEIC

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

IMG_3587.JPG
Fished this morning with a fairly slow start with 2 hits the first 1 1/2 hour, landing a king loosing the 2nd. Then it turned on and we did good til around 9:30 then it died off. We decided after hours of washing lures with only one more fish to switch to eyes. Fired a double and landed the first eye lost the 2nd. Then a sheep head gave us a tussle but got him after a bit. Then a huge king hit the husky and took off like a rocket. Almost Spooled me to the point where I needed to thumb the line. He broke off somewhere between the board and the rod. We cleared rods and were searching for the board that we spotted after a while. After chasing it down he had to much momentum to hand line with 10llb floro and broke us off. I at least got my board back. That ended it for us and the sun was brutal at this point so we called it. We ended the day with a great variety of fish, Kings, 3 Cohos, a Steelhead, walleye and a Sheep. Surprised we didn’t hit a bass or laker but really didn’t target them. All in All a fun day.

• Like 1