Better trebles

I think most hooks are size 2, 1, and 1/0.  It has been tricky to find a brand to get the replacement hooks.  Ideally, you want the replacement hook to match the weight of the hook you're replacing to get the same spoon action.  I've used VMC 9650 hooks for some stuff, and have bought some Owner ST-36's (pricey).  I wish I could get some of these hooks in silver, but have not been able to find any.

• Like 1

I was a VMC guy for a long time until Blood Run introduced their impaler hooks. They are sharp as hell and I use them as replacement hooks on everything now.

Sent from my XT1585 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

What size impaler will work for most salmon size spoons? I'd like order some.

Sent from my XT1030 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Good topic ! Bottom line [ sic ] ; horse a king salmon and eventually something will go !  [ My longest battles were both 45 min. by the clock fishing solo ] IMO you have to fight the fish or take a chance of something letting go ! The picture looks like a strong plated hook , garrymny !

11 hours ago, tuffishooker said:

Good topic ! Bottom line [ sic ] ; horse a king salmon and eventually something will go !  [ My longest battles were both 45 min. by the clock fishing solo ] IMO you have to fight the fish or take a chance of something letting go ! The picture looks like a strong plated hook , garrymny !

No I wasn't horsing him. He was on a diver rod, and he was taking line off the spool quickly, drag was set right. The hook, compared to almost all the others, was noticeably a slightly finer gauge. I'm amazed at how much harder these fight when they are in the lake as opposed to when they are up the creeks.

I was a VMC guy for a long time until Blood Run introduced their impaler hooks. They are sharp as hell and I use them as replacement hooks on everything now.

Sent from my XT1585 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Another vote for Impaler Hooks! All my magnum spoons get a 1/0, stingray sized spoons, size 2! Super strong and they stick em!!

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

On 7/2/2018 at 12:44 PM, garrymny said:

I got mine. I ended up using mostly 1/0 size instead of size 1. If I ever order again I will order some 2/0 and 1/0, and no size 1, which seem small.

Sent from my XT1030 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Tied a meat rig with size 1 I too thought they may be a bit small but lemme tell you never lost a fish on that set up