On-site smoking service for Salmon, Lake Trout, etc.

My name is Sam Vitiello and I run samsbutchershop.com which is an online smokehouse.  My busy months are October through May and things slow down for the summer.  Do you think that fishermen would be interested in having their fish smoked and that there would be a strong demand for such a service?  I would actually consider relocating there with my smokehouses (they're not that heavy) for the summer if I could work out all of the details.  Let me know if you have any thoughts on how it could work.  I was thinking that it might make sense to connect with fishing guides on Lake Ontario and offer them a cut of the revenues.  

• Like 2

I think people would come to you.
If you’re within a reasonable distance from the lake post what you can do, and for how much, I bet you will get some business

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

I think if you smoked fish and had a fish cleaning service in the Olcott , Wilson area you could easily make a go of it.

17 hours ago, ontherise said:

Prolly better in the fall during the salmon run

Just about every cleaning station in Pulaski area offers a smoking service during the run. Some will smoke your fish overnight and give it back the next day, some even offer a "trade-in" service where you get an equal amount of smoked fish on the spot. If your prices were competitive and you offered fillet service as well, most places are mobbed with people looking for atleast their fish filleted during the run.  Lot of competition in the Salmon River area though. 

I would think your best bet for summer would be get in with a good size marina and the charter captains there.