I bought some but have never actually ran them. I’ve always figured if I ran out of meat while fishing I’d try them.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

I've had okay success with them. I've caught some big salmon with them, but they probably only take 10%  of the fish, if not less. Sometimes it's flies, spoons or real meat.

Anyhow, we always try them at least for some time ...

Size is important ... the larger ones seem to do better.

Color is MORE important. The one Bosun Cowboy shows is a great one. There's two similar ones, one is green with black dots and the other is the same silver as he shows with black dots.

I've had okay success with them. I've caught some big salmon with them, but they probably only take 10%  of the fish, if not less. Sometimes it's flies, spoons or real meat.

Anyhow, we always try them at least for some time ...

Size is important ... the larger ones seem to do better.
Color is MORE important. The one Bosun Cowboy shows is a great one. There's two similar ones, one is green with black dots and the other is the same silver as he shows with black dots.
Dalmation and frog patterns are go tos.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Lake Ontario United mobile app

I bought a couple direct from MC Rockets. After the $ exchange it worked out to be pretty close to what you can find in the few bait shops that carry them. Plus the owner included a free one with my order and a hand written note that saying that it was his best color so he suggested I give it a try. 

I have never run real meat so I cant give you a comparison. I also use herring oil or Kishels scent and let them soak in the bag. I have caught a few nice fish on them.