Braddocks 6/20 PM Fish Hawk

Fished 5-8PM

All fish and marks from 70-110' FOW. blank screen 110-200'

2 lakers one 11#

2 small kings on a double up

Spoons, SD/fly SD/Meat all worked.

Weather was too nice.

New to Fish Hawk and its turning off randomly. Factory said to reset it, but that didn't work, today they asked if I have a mid 90' merc and I do. It is out putting voltage spikes. Must be a common issue. Anybody have this problem and have a remedy? Voltage suppressor plug?

The static electric comes from the plug wire not the plugs, if your spark plug wire is actually wire instead of the carbon type which I doubt a company would do this knowing the finicky electronics that are on board any more are very sensitive to such. The voltage spikes are when your unit is sending over 15.9 volts to the battery for some odd reason. The units have a protective mode in them and that is to shut down before unit is messed up from high voltage. Maybe the voltage is unregulated to a dangerous to electronics but not to a battery, which can handle 16 volts for a short time before becoming a (cooked) battery. Hope this helps.??

2 hours ago, Smat64 said:

Fished 5-8PM

All fish and marks from 70-110' FOW. blank screen 110-200'

2 lakers one 11#

2 small kings on a double up

Spoons, SD/fly SD/Meat all worked.

Weather was too nice.

New to Fish Hawk and its turning off randomly. Factory said to reset it, but that didn't work, today they asked if I have a mid 90' merc and I do. It is out putting voltage spikes. Must be a common issue. Anybody have this problem and have a remedy? Voltage suppressor plug?

I had this exact problem on my boat.  There is two ways around this issue.  They make spark plug wires that wont throw off any interference tho i can't remember what they where called.  The other way around this is to run the hawk off of a different battery then what your main engine is running off of. 

Great thanks all! Cant wait to be 100%.

Upgraded to fish hawk because my cannon would turn off too. I also wanted Bluetooth and get rid of the coated cable.

Can’t always fix problems with new stuff if you don’t know what the cause is.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

• 2 weeks later...