Cayuga 2nd annual Margeit memorial fishing tournament

Ok so I've been asked by numerous people if this event was going to run again this year and I now have the answer! The date is set for August 11th 2018 with the weigh in at south Seneca sportsmans club. I will post more details as I get them but mark it on the calender if you want to fish a great event. Last year's turn out was great and we'd love to see this year be even better! Those of you who fished the LOU All last the weigh in is at the same place and I'd love to see a bunch of LOU members at this event aswell!

Not to go on and on, but also I feel bad that Bear's derbies have been competing against all the FLTA tournaments, and he has reached out more than once to try to avoid these scheduling conflicts but they keep coming up every year and nobody seems to budge.  He's trying hard to get a good turnout and I know always hopes some of the FLTA guys will want to fish his derbies.  Anyway, I just know it's frustrating for him, and he's been doing these for many years.  Hopefully it can be sorted out for August... I'd love to try to fish both.

Edited by cinnamon fish
  • Like 1

Darn we looked for other derbies going on at that time and couldn't find any going on as for the flta I wasn't aware that the derbies conflicted other than maybe with when they are fishing other lakes but that's hard to change I mean their schedule stays the same almost every year. Is their any flyers for bears derby? I thought his was in September. Either way the margeit memorial and the Barney bear derbies could run in at the same time without many issues being bears is derby format vs tourney format

Yeah, B&B spring derby falls on the same weekend as the Keuka tournament and that's tough to avoid since the week before is Mother's Day and week after is the NLTD.  And the fall derby is the same weekend as Owasco, seems like that could maybe be remedied in the future.  Not a big deal I guess.  A year or two ago Bear added a 3rd derby, 1 day, the 2nd Saturday of August.  Maybe you're right though both could potentially run at the same time, especially if they'd consider accepting the same fish entered in each and if the weigh in deadlines were offset it would help too.  What's the format for the Margeit, is that a box event like the flta events?  I think I fished it last year, but I can't remember.

Edited by cinnamon fish

That would be great.  Should work both ways... weigh in at Myers or Seneca Sportsman Club for both events.  I think it should all probably be discussed with Bear asap to have a good chance of him being into it and making it all workout.  Not sure how he'll feel about it.

Edited by cinnamon fish

They could be different scales but would need to be zeroed out the same and certified as accurate (e.g. weights and measures certification)

• Like 1

I agree on that either way take all that thread with a grain of salt it was just an idea that would require a lot of moving parts I know personally if they run the same day my crew will be in both regardless of the system! Tight lines guys hope to see you all there

Screenshot_20180623-122721.png

Edited by suttontroller94

I agree on that either way take all that thread with a grain of salt it was just an idea that would require a lot of moving parts I know personally if they run the same day my crew will be in both regardless of the system! Tight lines guys hope to see you all there
Screenshot_20180623-122721.thumb.png.010394495b57efe3659794e412429470.png

Same sir If I’m around I will be in both also

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Thanks bobby for posting this and thank you Brian for the donations. We are going to keep it separate to keep it simple,we originally planed it last year for a friends and family tournament in memory of my uncle tom but is open to the public too. I tried to plan it so it didn't conflict anything I didn't see any post and asked a few fishermen that didnt say about it sorry for the inconvenience. Good luck everyone and if you have any questions message me thankyou....fishon!!!!

Edited by Dmargeit
  • Like 1

If we knew there was another tournament for this date we would have changed it without hesitation. The scheduling depended on everything we could think of including the availability of the sportmans club and people to help cook and work etc. I hope this doesn't take away from the Bear tournament. We're unable to reschedule this year but will most definitely reach out on here in the future to make sure we cover our bases. I tried to find any other events going on involving Cayuga Lake before the flyers were made but I didn't see anything. I hope to see all the familiar faces as well as make this tournament bigger than last year but understand the conflict. With trying to keep a Saturday in August as our derby date, it's definitely not easy. I figured we were clear as we only have a little over a month to go without any other derbies advertised. 

And I forgot.. we so much appreciated the donations last year from Josh Bellis, Mike Burt, and Brian Gambell. They went a long way as to making it a nice event. We're hoping we have some cool stuff again but running it a bit differently. We try to make it simple and as fun as possible. I've had a couple donations already for raffle prizes and wanted to make it known how much it helps. We don't make a dime off of this derby. We get to put the 25% of the main entry fees in Tom's name to something he loved to do.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...