boat cover

The dealer where I just bought my boat, 18 ft Alumacraft at Frontenac Harbor, told me half the people who have bow mounted trolling motors take them off to put a travel cover on. I told him I never remove my trolling motor but have it on a quick release plate in case I need service. So they're ordering me a new cover to fit over my trolling motor so they get credit for that. So am I uninformed or off base thinking nobody takes there trolling motor and puts it back one every time they go fishing?

I never did on my bass boat. But then again back then 1000.00$ motor was the best money could buy. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

I had my last boat 11 years and used to take the motor off when I stored it for the winter but I even stopped doing that after 3 or 4 year. I store my boat in a metal barn in Hamlin for winter and never had a problem with theft. 

Ummmm I never take my trolling motor off my Lund...Luckily the travel cover fits over most of it, then I just bungee it down good. 

I use a travel cover as a mooring cover because I keep the boat on a hoist at our cottage. I bungee it down by the loops. What's not to understand about why someone would need a travel cover?

Ummmm I never take my trolling motor off my Lund...Luckily the travel cover fits over most of it, then I just bungee it down good. 

I use a travel cover as a mooring cover because I keep the boat on a hoist at our cottage. I bungee it down by the loops. What's not to understand about why someone would need a travel cover?

Yeah For storage. Not for driving down the road.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

I put one on my 18 Wellcraft center console. It was a bow mounted one and I made a plate to remove it. I also had a custom cover made and it had a velcro addition. I could attach a trolling motor cover (bump-out) or use the traditional closure. That way, no matter what the situation I could cover the boat.

I never take off my bow mount. My boat cover has a pouch built into it for the electric. I think the cover was made by Carver. Still nice shape after six years. My boat has to sit outside year round. I leave the cover at home because I don’t want to mess with at the launch.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

I leave my boat out all of the time except for winter and then store it in a barn in Hamlin. I usually cover it when I'm traveling. If I don't cover it after fishing I'll get lazy and not put it on when I get home.