Keuka 6/23

Probably be better off if jigging than trolling. They appear to be lakers so try 1.8 to 2.0 mph. If you have gambler rigs use them at the lower speed.

Edited by Sk8man

If you have any dodgers try running either a fly or flutter spoon behind (or one of each) it about 8 ft in back of the weight at 1.8 in that 60-110 ft range. Sometimes you need to  have your setups close to the ball and slow trolling speed sometimes down to 1.4 even and keeep going back over the fish you are marking

The fish finder will even drive you nuts jigging.   Lots of visitors and chasers but the home run hittersd are small and few.  Only got two Friday and that was the worst we have ever done but got a good catch of pan fish to eat.  They are not hitting at day break for some reason but an hour later?????    Our biggest is only 24 inches but they are looking healthier this year, got a little meat on the bones......jk

• Like 2

Got 6 jigging and had bumps from 2 more Thursday am on a solo trip. They took a limetreuse tube jig I make  up with a 1oz trolling sinker up inside it and sharp treble hook at the back end. Talked to a guy that was trolling right over the spot where i just hooked one. Said he had fished for 3 days and no trout. Bite really dropped off at noon. Also they were deep for the most part. 110 to 140 fow.

• 4 weeks later...

In Keyuka we hardly ever get any shallower than 90 feet, most are over 100.  I am getting bored fishing there but my buddy does not like bigger water.  Our boat is not the best (but it is paid for in full)  4 miles is, not even 4 miles is the futherest that we go from the launch.  And we only jig and for some reason do not get any brown or rainbows.  Lots of yoummie panfish.  Pickeral and bass but they are not target fish....jk

JK you should try launching out of taughkannock south end of cayuga in the fall its only a mile at the most north or south around the point to get out of the wind  , seems like we do good on bonus browns and bows that time of year , you have to make sure there not in spawn mode though because they really shut down and its earlier than Keuka . Good luck !!!!

A week or so after my above report I hit the same area and zero luck. Really feeling Keuka is in a real down mode. I love to fish there. 15 minutes from home and super tasty lakers but also like to get some fish. Switching to north end of Seneca now. Hope to do better there.

C-bug for us Keyuka is smooth driving interstae form here in ess than two hours, no stop sign or red lites till we get to Bath.  Have been to T-park and have done well but 45 more minutes of driving and lots of lites and slow traffic.  For us the best route is Highway 14 to Elimra, nothing like the smooth driving on the interstates.  Will definately keep that in mind.  The fall is best - got it.  Mr Guff thanks for responding, we have never had a zero and have had 10 fish days but all teenagers, seldom a 20+ inch fish.  Keep us informed about seneca.  My buddy likes a launch with protected water close.  My boat is called trailor trash for a reason, but I like it.......jk