Heading to Oswego for 2 days going to start out with a meat and spoon program any  recent reports on a good starting dept was thinking of starting out over say 120 and work out but any advice would be great thanks .

• Like 1

Hello good luck I was out there a few days ago and a few days prior to that scouting. Believe it or not the bite has been starting in 70-90 fow early with baitfish then moving out to 130-150 by noon. Flasher spoon seems to be doing the trick and just spoons  anything with some green in it or UV if its cloudy. The bite seems to be great  50-60 foot down  at times they seem to shift closer to 100 foot down. Should be another great year   tight lines!

Last week our meat was firing using old pro troll 13 inch fish flasher green and blue with atomic stud Twinkie rig. Lost my last green one had to be 20 yrs old.

My buddy texted yesterday morning he is at oak orchard. 39.5 degrees down 50 in 75 foot of water. Last Sunday it was 56 degrees. 

Edited by Charlie P
Update
  • Like 3

Thanks guys wind and waves always seems to move the fish and temps last time i was out a black ,green ,lemon colored spoon behind matching fish flash was the hot ticket .I have a carbon 14 meat rig made by minion that i am dyeing to try behind a black /crush glow flasher think it might be a killer . Nice to have 4 riggers and wingers to build a spread and test new stuff .

• Like 2

Thanks guys wind and waves always seems to move the fish and temps last time i was out a black ,green ,lemon colored spoon behind matching fish flash was the hot ticket .I have a carbon 14 meat rig made by minion that i am dyeing to try behind a black /crush glow flasher think it might be a killer . Nice to have 4 riggers and wingers to build a spread and test new stuff .

Got any pics of that carbon 14 meat rig????

Went to Oswego for 2 days and slayed big kings and steelies it was crazy good fishing all spoon bight for us just could not get the meat to fire lots of big steelies and mature kings around . Had a couple double hook ups and one triple on big kings 1st day fished 3 footers and bight was in 140 to 200 and fish were hungry put 3 rods in and before i could get the 4th all rods were hooked up and the bight stayed strong most of the day. On the 2nd day slow start fish moved and 1 footers only saw 1 boat hooked up so went on the hunt found them in 400 and game on it was a mature king and steelie slam feast all the other boats were gone and we just keep working and catching fish . I wish i did not live 150 miles away because it kills me waiting for my next trip .

• Like 1

All spoon bite for me monday between 430-730am outside oswego
I couldnt get anytging to fire behind any sort of flasher, i tried meat and flies.
I also slid out to that 400’ mark late morning and that steelhead bite was phenomenal
We were catching them 50’ down and they were dancing out of the water in 3-5 ft waves before the line would release pretty cool.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

• Like 1

After my last trip it would seem it does not mater were they were the day before because they can change alot over night .One day 120 to 200 is hot next day nothing and find them in 400 so i would start at 100 and troll out when you get a bight start working that depth contour and see if you find more fish if not keep working your way out.

• Like 2