Well, the shakedown cruise resulted in breaking a rigger body base. Does anyone have any suggestions? I’ve repaired this last year and it held up until now. I don’t really want to repair again, nor do I want to buy another rigger. Any help will be appreciated!

IMG_8562.JPG

IMG_8563.JPG

Cannon sells the body that you need. Look up this: frame, raw part # 377 2524, they cost $64.99. I've seen another Mag 5ST that was broken the exact same way as yours.

How did yours break? How heavy are your DR weights? These riggers are rated for 20# weights, so maybe Cannon should address the quality control issues with these rigger bodies.

Here is the other rigger I saw with a similar break. I don't know how it got broken.

IMG_20180624_205527.thumb.jpg.4546515229a952843c2dbf26e0c0588a.jpg

Wow. That’s strange. Same break. Was hoping someone would have some input. I use 12 lb weights, so that shouldn’t be an issue. Thanks for the info on the frame, that’s probably my best option. Hope it isn’t too hard to replace!

• Like 1

Update
I called and spoke to a guy named Dave from cannon. The bodies/frames are in fact under a lifetime warranty. Cannon didn’t have a frame in stock, but I found one available on fish307 and mike from fish307 and Dave worked out a deal to ship the frame from 307 to me in a timely fashion. Hats off to both these companies as they both went out of there way for me. I couldn’t be happier with the results. I now have a functioning downrigger!