First trip for kings out of mexico. Thank you for all the help from you guys.

First off i want to thank all you guys who helped me with flasher/fly selection and what to look for to find the fish.  This is my first trip i ever made for kings and i couldnt  ask for a better trip.  

I left mexico launch at 6am saturday morning. After spending afew hundred dollars to start a flasher/fly collection i rigged three flasher/flys down 80ft,60ft,40ft and 3 spoons below and between them.  Started at 140fow and zigzag to100 back to 140.  First fish came at 140 fow on a fat nancy spoon at 7am.  After wrapping around my leadcore and tangling around all 6 lines i handlined him in and it was a solid8lbs.  By noon it was all spoon action in 140fow 50-70ft down with 5 kings boated n released (all small). After a lunch break fished Saturday evening 4pm-8:30pm.  Again all spoon action (fat nancy color) and the same route was marking bait and fish 140fow with fish between 70-50. Me and the wife kept 3 nice kings. Largest 14lb and we lost another 5.  We spent the night in the cuddy in front of the launch and got out at 5am sunday morning. Fishing in front of the power plant at 120fow we doubled up on flasher/flys with an 18lb and 22lb king and landed both.  Riggers were set at 50 and 60.  Most excitement i think i ever had on my boat.  By noon we went 5 for 8 all on flasher/fly and not a single bite on the spoons that were hot yesterday.  Cant wait to get back up north in a couple weeks to try this again.  

A39EAD9A-59CD-4F32-8BF0-CBDE15E9E48B.png

2A8C70EA-E616-4C55-833E-36EB184F9E42.jpeg

93FDEA65-5AA3-40AD-885A-043AC8D611D3.jpeg

F3B23993-04E6-47C5-975A-FF8AD1FB027E.jpeg

99898507-9FA9-4486-8B8B-C5F140A4388E.jpeg

Edited by Hachimo
Add pics

3 hours ago, Fishnut said:

Nice job. Congratulations your now hooked on Salmon fishing. emoji16.pngemoji16.png

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

Ha ha you aint kidding fish nut.  Its been a dream of mine since childhood to buy a big boat rigged for kings that could handle ontario.  And finally at the age of 32 i got it.  Me and the wife had a blast.  Granit she was ready to leave saturday morning after an hour of 4ft waves but after the first hookup she forgot she was seasick and it was on.  And everytime i make the trip up the 3hr ride seems to get shorter and shorter.  Hopeing to get up again in two weeks

3 hours ago, Fishnut said:

Nice job. Congratulations your now hooked on Salmon fishing. emoji16.pngemoji16.png

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

Ha ha you aint kidding fish nut.  Its been a dream of mine since childhood to buy a big boat rigged for kings that could handle ontario.  And finally at the age of 32 i got it.  Me and the wife had a blast.  Granit she was ready to leave saturday morning after an hour of 4ft waves but after the first hookup she forgot she was seasick and it was on.  And everytime i make the trip up the 3hr ride seems to get shorter and shorter.  Hopeing to get up again in two weeks

1 minute ago, Hachimo said:

We were  up the 13th thru the17th , my wife and I. we had a ball we also live 3-1/2 hrs away from Lake Ontario. and 2-1/2 hrs from Lake Erie. we fish every free weekend we can. We are headed back up the 7th and 8th.