White board on boat helps to keep track

.......and so the disease of the salmon mind begins.  Soon you will be laying in bed at night staring at the ceiling while trying to figure out a full 11 rod FUBAR spread.  

.......and so the disease of the salmon mind begins.  Soon you will be laying in bed at night staring at the ceiling while trying to figure out a full 11 rod FUBAR spread.  
I know. 5 or 6 is all I can handle though. I get enough tangles already.

Sent from my XT1030 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

I use a dry marker and just write down the line out and settings next to the pole holders on the top of the gunwales and transome. Just erase with a cloth.

Edited by Steve.e
  • Like 2

I wrap white duct tape on my rod handles, then on the back In permanent marker write what line is on it and when I spooled it, then cover that with clear packing tape. Once I set the rod I use a grease pencil to write how many feet out that rod is on it, then you know as well as anyone else on the boat who may be resetting that rod. The grease pencil works great on the packing tape. IMG_20160904_083133298.jpg

Sent from my XT1585 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

On 6/25/2018 at 8:36 PM, garrymny said:

I have trouble keeping track of the six rods we put out. This white board will help, hopefully. My wife laughed her a$$ and said I'm taking this way too far!IMG_20180625_201658607.jpg

Sent from my XT1030 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Oh my god. I do the same thing except I use it to keep track of temp breaks

I joked  in my above post but for years I kept detailed data regarding what where when and how out there and over time it came in very handy. There is nothing like hard data to make decisions from. The key thing is selecting the right variables to track and then you can see patterns over time and experience some "ah ha" moments when you discover stuff:happy2:

I have a similar drawing to yours with a boat and just about every rod option drawn in so I can just write in what l plan to run the night before. This really helped me sleep better at night before fishing. 

During and after fishing I write down other pertinent information on the back side, and sometimes I will write down fishing report info from previous days or previous days' weather info.

I would love to know what other guys who have been following trends have found to be the most valuable bits of info to keep track of. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/2/2018 at 5:06 PM, hawkeye625 said:

you might want to include water clarity and sky conditions.  It may help to identify correct lure selections for conditions in the future.

I know, I don't pay enough attention to that. I usually just put a combination things out and hope for the best. Usually, combination of spoons and flasher flies.

I know, I don't pay enough attention to that. I usually just put a combination things out and hope for the best. Usually, combination of spoons and flasher flies.

I don’t track that stuff either, but if I get hit I always check to see what my line counter says before I start fighting the fish so I can get back to the same location. I also do this before I bring up my riggers.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app