Cayuga Jigging Report - 6/23 & 6/24

It was a great weekend for Jigging despite the rain. Launched from Myers and headed to the power plant on Saturday 6am -10:30am and ended up with 8 Lakers total. Biggest was 28”. No pics from Saturday.

Launched from Myers again Sunday (again in the rain) at 7am and headed to the same place. Biggest laker was 29” and we boated 10 total. We got rained off the water around 12:00pm when the storm really hit hard. Pics below or two biggest.

IMG_1060.JPG
IMG_1079.JPG

Biggest was second pic above at 29”. He also bent the hook pretty good.

IMG_1076.JPG

All fish came between 50 and 95 FOW both days.

Some pics of the bait we found and the new FF. I can tell you mega imaging is great! First weekend out with the new FF and I don’t regret a penny.

IMG_1054.JPG
IMG_1059.JPG

New FF still needs some tuning to get rid of noise but it worked well enough out of the box.

All lakers returned unharmed to fight another day.

-Pete

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Hey guys, I tried jigging this weekend out of Myers, need some advice. I do very well in the winter, jigging lakers thru the ice. But from the boat, how do you keep the boat in one place to keep the jig on the fishfinder? I couldn't keep it on the screen long enough to get down deep (60-100'). Any advice? Thanks in advance!

I use a bow mounted trolling motor with my transducer mounted on the trolling motor depth finder mounted on the bow also , my transducer picks up the jig at around 20 ft on the decent and keeps it on the screen all the way to the bottom .

I'm in a tiller, usually staying vertical by using the outboard or trolling motor on my bow.  A drift sock may help also, or even cast upwind enough so your jig will be visible by the time your boat is drifting by your jig.

• Like 1

If you don't have a capable electric trolling motor a last resort might be to prospect to spot fish and then anchor up well away from them and then let out enough anchor rope to get near enough to attract them in with the jig. This would require a pretty calm day but something to keep in the back of your mind.