-1/2 cup packed brown sugar

-1/2 cup bourbon

-1/2 cup apple juice or cider

-1 tsp black pepper

-1 large salmon fillet

-1 cup chopped pecans

-1 tbsp butter, melted

-1/2 tsp salt

In a large ziploc bag, combine brown sugar, bourbon, apple juice/cider, and pepper. Seal and mix. Add salmon, seal and shake to distribute. Refrig. 2-3 hours.

Heat oven to 400 degrees. Spread chopped pecans on baking sheet. Bake pecans at 400 degrees for 5 minutes or until toasted. In small bowl, combine toasted nuts, melted butter and 1/2 the salt.

Remove salmon from marinade, place on baking sheet, and sprinkle on remaining salt. Spread pecan mixture on top of salmon. Bake at 400 degrees for around 15 minutes or until fish easily flakes with a fork. Meanwhile, place marinade in small saucepan and boil 3 minutes.

Serve salmon with cooked marinade. Great with angel hair pasta.

• Like 1

Maniac that sounds delish. If you want to make that kid friendly put the whiskey in a saute pan and hit it with a flame and burn the alcohol off before you add the other ingredients. Just be very carefull as you are burning the alcohol as the more heat you add to the pan , the higher the flames will get. When I am making a sauce that includes wine or any alcohol at the restaraunt I always burn off the alcohol before continuing with the recipe. For serving adults that probably wouldn't be an issue and it does add more flavor if some of the good stuff is left in the sauce. Boiling the sauce will also do the trick , but it takes much more time that way to get rid of the alcohol. The more the proof the longer it is going to take. I'm going to love this forum. - Mick