New to Ontario need Help

So I’m a clevelander and do walleye and this year I’m going to take a few trips at end of July and and middle of August to Ontario out of sodas or olcott. I have basic knowledge of salmon my boat is set up excellent for it but any extra points would help . I have riggers I have dips . I have flys I have spoons . Let me know any help . From rigging my flys to rigging my spoons and line:leaders .

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Search function here is your friend! Every question you have asked has been asked and answered by others. There is so much info on here it is crazy! I watched a lot of YouTube videos when I first started as well, very informative and alot easier to understand when you get to see what they are talking about.

Edited by FishingFool34

That should be a great time for salmon out of either of those ports but it will probably also be during our peak flea season

We combat the fleas by using wire instead of braid on our divers and go up to 30# mono on our riggers.  The past couple years I've been using Blood Run's Sea Flee line and it has really helped.  I hate fleas and they can get really bad at times.

I fish out of Arney's in Sodus and there's usually a lot of chatter on vhf channel 9 on the weekends except during the ProAm.  Watch the reports on here to get some ideas on where to start.

Edited by mudflat

My advice, use 40 lb braid, or wire, and 30 lb floro leaders, or you will go broke with break offs. Also hooks need to strong, swivels etc. Use Palomar knots for swivels, and Albright for leaders. Also just keep reading the old pists under tackle and trolling.

Sent from my XT1030 using Lake Ontario United mobile app