Could use 1-2 more teammates for a 40hr striper tournament

I'm fishing the Hi-Mar 40 hour striped bass tournament and we could use one or two guys to fill out the team. The tournament starts right after the captains meeting Friday night October 24th A 8pm and ends @ 12 noon on Sunday. Fishing is allowable around the clock for 40 hours. Weigh station and headquarters are at Bahrs Landing rest. in Highlands/ Sandy Hook NJ. Fishing is allowed within 70 nautical miles of Sandy Hook, however the boat must leave and return by water at the weigh station. Striper fishing in the Atlantic ocean cannot be conducted beyond 3 miles offshore, so It's pretty much an inshore/bay fishery. We'll be fishing the ocean when the weather allows and the bays when it doesn't. Big stripers are nocturnal feeders, so plenty of fishing will be done overnight. No license is needed to fish Jersey saltwater.

As of now, It's an all LOU team. Myself, Dieselhp and Ray K. We can fish 5 out of my boat, so with the day/night fishing and all the blue fish we'll have to get past to catch the stripers, it will be good to have a full team :lol::lol:

For more info:

http://www.hi-mar.com/

Anyone interested or in need of more details, pm me asap.

pontificate

2 dictionary results for: pontificated

Dictionary.com Unabridged (v 1.1) - Cite This Source - Share This

pon·tif·i·cate /n. pɒnˈtɪfɪkɪt, -ˌkeɪt; v. pɒnˈtɪfɪˌkeɪt/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[n. pon-tif-i-kit, -keyt; v. pon-tif-i-keyt] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation noun, verb, -cat·ed, -cat·ing.

–noun

1. the office or term of office of a pontiff.

–verb (used without object)

2. to perform the office or duties of a pontiff.

3. to speak in a pompous or dogmatic manner: Did he pontificate about the responsibilities of a good citizen?

4. to serve as a bishop, esp. in a Pontifical Mass.

Okay....let me know Mark. I have two pm's I responded to also before I came on here and read this, so we may have a full team. That's good though, we could fish in crews and stay fresh :lol:

Yes...I'm gonna pre fish Mark. Anyone can join me that wants to. Not sure on cost yet.....mostly just food, bait, beer rooms, gas, $100 entry.... The usual. Divided between us it really should not be bad at all. Maybe somewhere around $250 each (just a guess) ??? Depends on how many rooms we get I guess?

This should be ALOT of fun...

That's cool Rick....that could bring our cost down a bit. I'm probably high on the $$ guesstimate, but I figure it's better to go home with money left over than to not have enough ;) Hopefully gas prices will continue to drop!

I'm Still awaiting confirmation from a couple guys, but as of know It's looking like our "all Lou" Striper team could be:

Deiselhp

Reeljerks

Fishstix

Ray K

Fishtails

Jason

That would be a pretty impressive team!! Like I said, a couple guys had to still clear it on their schedule, so anyone else that's interested should still let me know and I'll keep you on the list as a back up If someone can't make it ;)

Cool guys! I'm going to get there probably on Tuesday. I will run the boat over the weekend before (18th) and put it in it's slip. Rick....I'm guessing we should still keep the boat at the Atlantic Highlands...right?

Stan....we use a lil bit of everything here in the east. I'd say the majority of guys use live bait, followed by things like Ava jigs, crippled herring, etc. The thing we have a lot of here this time of year are bluefish, and they will destroy many baits and plugs in just one hit, thus the use of the Ava's and other flashy metal jigs. Most times the bluefish and stripers are competing for the same pods of bunker, so where you catch one you will usually catch the other.

Can't wait....I think we'll be showing the Jersey boys a thing or two about trolling ;)

It's just down the river from Bahrs Landing. I don't know if Bahrs has slips, could check on it. I think the highlands is fine.

I have Friday off if you want to prefish some Thursday after work. I would go home and come back down Friday afternoon.

Let me know

Check with Bahrs and get a price if they have some. I'll drive over one day next week and decide where to stay and pick a marina. I'm definitly planing on fishing Thursday....sounds like a plan.

Im in . Ray Ill drive down if you want.get ahold of me. Ill probably be able to prefish also.Cant wait.

Whos going to show those Jersey boys how to troll? The NY boys or PA boys.

NYPENN boys.?Do they sell those hats with the beer can holders down there?

My home PH is 607 659 5912. eves are best .

Talked with jason gonna wait till thursday to leave will leave at 6am thurs morn.(plan for now).Still no word from Mark as far as riding .Stix at this point i plan on driving as i'll be bringing big cooler ,vac sealer,fish equip, and JASON. Picked up a new rod and reel yesterday ,boy i needed another setup even the wife made some comment like that ,till i pointed out 3oz super secret face cream 100.00 dollars ,1 rod and reel setup ................well...................uhhh................about...............less..............than that.boy its tuff lying to her she can always tell somehow.

after fishing to hudson for 10 years using 15 lb line its gonna be hard to change to that big stuff ,But im doing this trip for fun and to learn new tech. for strippers, how long of leader should i look for for the blues(wire) to keep em from chomping my line?looks like i better buy a bigger saltwater tackle box (footlocker might do)

The NY boys or PA boys.

NYPENN boys.?

:lol::lol::lol:

Pack really light when it comes to what you all are bringing on the boat guys. We are gonna have a full boat, esp. the first evening. Rick and I will have tackle and rods for all of us....just bring a good med/hvy casting rod If you want.

I'm sending in the entry form and fee today.

As far as striped bass, we are allowed to keep 2 per person on board per day. With our crew, that's pretty many fish. However, Rick has informed me that we can each get a bonus permit for a third fish for $2. Your choice if you want a third daily fish or not?

Here is the link:

http://www.njfishandwildlife.com/bonusbas.htm

Rick and I will already have the bonus permit.

after fishing to hudson for 10 years using 15 lb line its gonna be hard to change to that big stuff ,But im doing this trip for fun and to learn new tech. for strippers, how long of leader should i look for for the blues(wire) to keep em from chomping my line?looks like i better buy a bigger saltwater tackle box (footlocker might do)

I use 50lb Fluorocarbon leader

30 or 40 mono main line or Power Pro 30 or 50