Could use 1-2 more teammates for a 40hr striper tournament

I was thinking the 30 lb pwr pro or the new "ugly super braid" we used 30 pp for tarpon and sharks in Fla. last year and it was more than enuf.So rod dont want me to bring my full 12 rod spread ,80lbs of tackle or my Snoopy pole.Wonder if i go in the buffy mode if he would let me bring just 1 extra lure?Whats the typical water clarity in that area,If we bait fish do you go after the suspended or bottom ,and will we have line counters on board(#1 key to sucessfull spring fishing for me).

I don't think the Capt will let anyone else do it.

Hey....that was a cheap shot :lol::lol::lol:

There's one or two guys on this board that will get a good laugh on that one though.

I promise not to be a net hog :P

Ray....got the snoopy pole covered! In fact, I got two incase you tangle the first one.

I know I don't want to touch the net. I can't live the rest of my life knowing I missed the fish.

But I will do backup with a gaff.

Ray,

30 is pleanty

typical water clarity is dark

I didn't konw they made Snoopy poles with line counters

Fish should be top to bottom. tuff to call that, each hour could be different

If any of you guys are wanting to net any fish you are going to have to tie Rod up and throw him down in the cuddy!!! Just kidding. Hope all of you have a great time and I wish Matt and I could be there. Rod keep me informed on how you guys are doing.

Jeff

Hey guys,

I just fished the outer Cape for stripers and the big girls are on the move. I don't know what they will key on in Jersey, but this week they were all over the baby bunker. At least in Jersey you won't have to worry about seals stealing your catch. There were good numbers of fish 40+ inches, but I didn't catch or see any huge fish(50+). Then again, my striper boat is a kayak! Good luck.

Paul

Of course we're still on Ray.....just staying real busy getting ready!

Everything Is just as planned. Hoping to take the boat over next weekend. As soon as we get the rooms lined up we'll let ya know. As It stands we are a team of 5....that's perfect!! Gonna be an absolute blast!!

Ray we have been known to catch a occasional buckeye and salmon.

browns are there but they dont know how to catch em.

Im thinking this trip could be the start of another addiction.Now that Im

unemployed I can concentrate on important things.

Anyone have better driving directions then "head south till you cant stand the smell ,then turn east"?

Anyone have better driving directions then "head south till you cant stand the smell ,then turn east
:lol::lol::lol:

Styx, I'll send you a pm also, but here is the info thus far.

The boat will be at Atlantic Highlands Marina

Address: 2 Simon Lake Dr

Atlantic Highlands, NJ 07716

Website address Is: http://www.ahnj.com/ahnj/Harbor

It's looking like I will be staying at Fairbanks Resort. I am calling today to book a room. My family will be staying there on the weekend so I will need a room for myself...same situation for Rick I believe. You, Ray and Jason can decide how you guys wanna work it between you. You may find something inland cheaper. If that's how you go I'm sure you could just book It when you arrive. You decide, but here Is where I am staying:

http://www.fairbanksresort.com/aboutus.htm

Hope this helps :lol:

They actually have docks there, but they are seasonal and when I staid there last year this time of the year there was nothing Avail....I'm guessing the same.

I called them last night and was told no slips and you don’t need reservations, plenty of rooms. I going to reserve a room anyway just incase.

I will be getting a room for Fri and Sat. Who knows if I will need it as far as how much time on the water we spend. Hey, we may fish only till 1 or 2 am and back on the water by 5, or fish all night. The only thing I know is I am not as young as I used to be and will have to close my eyes sometimes between 8 pm Fri and noon on Sun. LOL

Here are the directions to the parking lot for the boat.

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&saddr=C ... F8&t=h&z=8

I think Rod will be fishing Thursday night. My plan is to drive down Thursday after work, fish, and drive home and be back down sometime Friday.

If anyone needs any info let me know.

Rick

I think Rod will be fishing Thursday night. My plan is to drive down Thursday after work, fish, and drive home and be back down sometime Friday.

And Wednesday....And Tuesday :lol::lol:

Hey Rick....don't be such a sissy. You got all winter to catch up on your sleep ;) I'll have the Cabin all cleared incase anyone passes out on the boat. I'll make sure we have plenty of Red Bull on the boat to. You have to watch it though, last time I had coffee In the morning and a Red Bull for lunch without much food Inbetween I think I had a mild heart attack...

We'll obviously find time to sleep. Hell, I'll probably be the first one down!

stix ,my mapquest said go straight s/e into the smell all the way,were leaving at 0630 ish thursday morning your welcome to ride or drive down togeather im gonna TRY to have jason get out of work earlier as its a 5.5hr drive from here if not we should be pulling in around 12 or 1 pm thursday ROD in case you will come to the dock and pick us up.also a 30 lb striper ant as tasty as a 20 lb brown so ill take your limit of stripers and you can have my blues.i dont offer such a deal to just anyone.

stix ,my mapquest said go straight s/e into the smell all the way,were leaving at 0630 ish thursday morning your welcome to ride or drive down togeather im gonna TRY to have jason get out of work earlier as its a 5.5hr drive from here if not we should be pulling in around 12 or 1 pm thursday ROD in case you will come to the dock and pick us up.also a 30 lb striper ant as tasty as a 20 lb brown so ill take your limit of stripers and you can have my blues.i dont offer such a deal to just anyone.

Ray,

You are such a nice guy to give your blues to Rod.

You can offer him mine also to sweeten the deal.

Smoke them!!

Put them on a board and in the smoker. take it out, throw the fish away and eat the board.

Some people do like them.