Could use 1-2 more teammates for a 40hr striper tournament

Just got back from the store with my new chest freezer....gonna need it for all those fish. I rarely even eat fish, let alone bluefish. Some people do like them though...just gotta trim off the dark meat and eat them fresh.

The make good chowder actually....give em to Musky and he'll work his culinary magic on them :lol:

Sure I'll come In and get you guys....not a problem. I'm fishing by myself during the day on Wed...then taking a party boat out for stripers on Wed night. I'll take my handheld gps along to mark waypoints along the way. May do that on Tues night also.....just to find out where the fleet is fishing ;)

Rod,

Did you get some of the numbers off the other site? I know I don't have them in my hand held.

Here is some we may need:

Romer Shoal N40 30.78 W74 00.71

Sandy Hook Reef N40 21.92 W73 56.29

Ambrose Channel Spot N40 30.78 W73 58.26

Chappel Hill Spot N40 31.15 W74 02.65

Flynns Knoll Spot N4029.0 W74 01.8 Good ONE!!!

Old Orchard N40 31.03 W74 07.57

Raritan East Reach N40 28.945 W73 56.63

TC Buoy N40 28.34 W74 02.31

Does your C map show the NY - NJ line?

Some of the spots are NY and you can't cross the line with NJ fish in the boat. Not a problem with the Striper size, but can't have 3 per man.

I be down sometime Thursday and staying that night also.

Ray I also am planning on heading down Thursday morn.

Ill drive myself . Ive got relatives in Toms River NJ That I should visit before I come back. Ray I know your not much for publicity but I dont want to miss the Ticker tape parade in NYC for the winning team.

After many requests PMs and otherwise Ive got to find my camera that I lost during a move. I also have to get my photoshop going that I lost when my computer crashed.I also need to setup a account with a paid host.

Ive lost all my previous photo work. So Ive got to start from scratch.Its time to get SKEINER out to play.

I'll have the downrigger, wire, leadcore rods plus a couple casting rods. I'll probably have 14-16 rods. I think We'll have it pretty well covered between us, but everyone should bring their favorite casting/jigging rod for some bottom fishing while we are anchored or drifting for stripers. Like Rick said, the Sea Trout are around, porgies, blackfish, lots of others too.

hey if hes brining 8 then its not fair if i cant bring 8,copper ? did you say copper ? ?????????????? I picked up some 8-0ught hooks at gander mtn near Newburgh yesterday spooled my copper rig with 80lb mono and picked up some 3lb splitshot ................thats my casting rig............im heading to Saltwater tackle .not ... to order some heavy stuff for trolling.

After many requests PMs and otherwise Ive got to find my camera that I lost during a move. I also have to get my photoshop going that I lost when my computer crashed.I also need to setup a account with a paid host.

Ive lost all my previous photo work. So Ive got to start from scratch.Its time to get SKEINER out to play.

Who the heck loses their camera :$ :roll: :lol:

That part about you, photo shop and Skiener is the best news I've heard in a long time. Take lots of pictures of Ray, although it's not a lot of work in photo shop in getting them to look funny :shock: :lol::lol:

Good luck down there guys, do us L.O.U. guys PROUD :!:

Take lots of pictures of Ray, although it's not a lot of work in photo shop in getting them to look funny

LOL, I'll help with th funny lookin part....Hmmmm...maybe a fresh batch of Lyntucky tea would help...sure makes everthang look funny after drinkin it....that big ethanol plant down in Med Ina won't miss a jug or two...Stan from Calif said it were gooood. specially wit da banjo music! and th bait he caught fer dinner. Don't let Ray eat no herring baits though, cause it will cause pickled chum...now that migh be a picture...

GOOD LUCK fishtails and crew....be safe ...catch the bigguns fer us!

Mark

Just a update

Put the boat in the water today.

Wind 16 mph gust to 30

Could not get out for a little fishing.

Rod and Ray are going to try in the am if the wind lays down.

I will heading back after work on Thursday

Pictures will be ok, but I think we are going to need video with this crew!

Called Ray around 6:30 AM

He was at the ramp waiting for us, wanted to see if wanted coffee and he could not believe that Dunkin Doughnuts in NJ doesn’t have Coors light.

Will post a report Sunday

well were home before the derby was scheduled to end if that tells ya anything . never left the dock for the derby due to 15 to 25 increasing through the day with 40mph gust predicted only to get worse tomorrow (sunday).day 1 .launch boat oh by the way guys (capt.rod mentions)we only got one outdrive that works ,i had it in the shop 2 times and they could not fix so i brought my vice grips so we could fix it here.well lucky for rod i gots the smarts of a fith grader and had it working in 20 min.Then spent the next hour spinning in circles as the capt. admits to never backing his dual outdrive in a tight slip before,i could of guessed that after trying to help him steer to port no the other port, LEFT now a little starbord no the other starboard TURN RIGHT ......oh well the barnicles needed to be removed from every pilon in the launch area anyways.day 2 ....left slip at 0930 sharp to the secret spot across the vast sea of 5ft chop,swells,wind,tide,and goofy currents only to have the newly installed radar almost come crashing on my little bald head sent the captian to the crows nest with some rope to make temp underway repairs to the radar support,.Then we nose into the secret spot (you know the one thats so secret the fish dont know its there)right between 40 other boats and set anchor .....i said set anchor.............. ok lets set the anchor OH wait there is no chain between the rope and anchor so it wont grab always wondered the importance of that noisy chain.after a little(lot of) grumbling on my part rod had me walk the plank blindfolded (the same blindfold he wore to park the boat)told me to quit whining so i did (out loud).so its back across the ocean to the docks for straps and chain and to pick up diesel.we did manage several 27.5" strippers (min 28in)before calling it a evening..day 3 back to the secret spot with new confidence from the locals (and another 90.00 dollars of must have tackle).we know the spot must be good as this day there is close to 100 boats and we actually saw a fish caught but not a stripper... so we go to our spot where we got fish the day before and got around 10 with 3 keepers then left the fish to find fish ........the new spot was loaded with sea bass,porgys and some other toothy creatures which were fun to catch then called it another day as we headed to the capt meeting with the decision that the weather was going to be too nasty to fish............oh i ALMOST forgot to mention what rods were hot in the boat and who got picked on for bringing such small rods,and who's fishing tec.put all the strippers in the boat ,ill give you 3 guesses.............

oh i ALMOST forgot to mention who's fishing tec.put all the strippers in the boat ,ill give you 3 guesses.............

Thanks for the credit Ray!!!

I told you that stuff (Gulp) would work and you need more then 3 split shots to hold bottom in the big pond.

Well...anyone who knows Ray knows not to take anything he says to seriously. Outdrives worked perfectly....but did need to adjust a new shift cable we just installed when I put It In the water cause I don't have a lake In my back yard. That first docking attempt was pretty funny!! The freakin wind was howling making it tuff for an amature like me :lol: All the rest of the landings were pretty close to perfect though, If I do say so myself ;)

I want to thank both Rick and Ray for some good times and plenty of laughs!! We'll get out again soon Rick and do some trolling ;) !!

The forecast was looking pretty bad for the tourney, so we made a group decision to fish dawn to dust on Friday, instead of fishing the tourney on Friday night. It was already starting to kick up when we called It a day on Friday evening, so I think we made the right choice. We went to the captains meeting Friday night and decided to go out for as long as the weather would allow on Sat. morning but Ray got a call from home @ 3am that there was a sewer problem at home and he needed to leave In the morning so we decided to bag It....the wind was blowin good anyway and I

doubt we would have gone out regardless.

Anyways, we had a decent trip. Just couldn't land a huge one. Caught a good amount of stripers In an area we call the rip. Probably 20-25...nobody was counting. 3 keepers and a bunch 1/2 inch too short!! Decided to take a run 10 more miles down the coast to the Shewsbury Rocks during slack tide and bottom fished for a couple hours Friday afternoon. We moved around a couple times till we found our hot spot and had non-stop Porgy action with a couple sea bass, sharks, think Ray caught a Ray,etc. I think I may have caught a couple snails too....can't really remember?? According to the locals who saw our fish, they said we kicked ass on the Porgies!

The weather was against us, but I think we did a good job making the best of It. I left the boat In the slip and hope to get back a couple more times yet this year.

I'll post a bunch of pics In the picture section.