Hello all!

Hello all, hope this post finds everyone doing well. My name is Rick, I've been a lurker on this site for over two years now but never post since I have nothing of value to add to this great forum. I was born and raised in Central pa and still live here. I did live in Ovid for a couple years in the early 90's which is how I was introduced to the Finger Lakes Region. Over the years I've fished most of the lakes with a friend who has a small boat. Unfortunately for me, his kids got older and I stepped aside and have not been on the water for the past 10 years or so.

Other than hunting and fishing, one of my hobbies is running beagles in field trials which brings me to Owasco Beagle Club in the Auburn area once or twice per year. I occasionally get to Empire Beagle Club up near Albany and plan to do so again this fall. The wife and I also enjoy antiques and photography.

We will be spending a couple days around the Fourth of July holiday in and around the Alexandria Bay area (this will be the first time in the area for the wife). Can someone offer some suggestions on things to do and see? Part of the reason for the trip is to also to explore the area. We intend on purchasing a house, cabin or land somewhere in the area over the next couple years. Also, obviously I need a boat but thats a whole different topic. I really like the Boston Whaler Conquest 345. But before I drop that kind of money on a boat I would love to hear some of your thoughts and opinions. I want a family boat but it has to be a serious fishing boat at the same time.

Thanks for having me and I look forward to meeting some of you in the future!