96 trophy 2002 wa

Not the best, not the worst.  In a 20 year old boat the concerns are stringers, the floor and the transom.

If you are serious and think this is the boat for you, have a knowledgeable boat surveyor look it over.

Good investment to have it done for piece of mind  

Was the boat used in salt water?? It mostly depends on how the owner took care of it during the winter months and if it sat in the water all year, (slipped) and if it was properly covered during the time of not being used. If your serious about buying this boat I’d find a professional boat surveyor, it will cost a few hundred $$$ but you will know exactly what conditions the boat is in and you can wiggle the price down enough to cover the cost of the survey. I didn’t do this, and still paying for my ignorance, but I thought I knew enough about boats. LOL was I wrong.

• Like 1

I currently have a 17ft Lund which is a solid boat..... but my wife doesn’t like it says it’s too low to the water and doesn’t feel safe. I like the style of the trophy, is there any other boats out there that I should be looking for? Something that won’t break the bank would be nice lol [emoji23] thanks for the feedback guys!

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

Lots of choices of boats like that, Seaswirl is one that pops in my head first, but in that age of boat Sea Ray made a 21, Wellcraft made a 21 etc.

there were also bigger aluminums like the Lund, StarCraft, Crestliner.  If I can be of assistance send me a PM.  More than happy to help!

Mark  

A' '96 Trophy is built by Bayliner. Later on, Trophy was making their own, but still owned by Bayliner. The quality was better, but not fantastic. Seaworthy?  Yes. Mid to low range quality, build and craftsmanship?  Yes. Affordable?  Yes. Hold their value?  No. I had an '01 2002WA. I loved how it rode and fished, hated how it was built. Killed a lot of walleyes in that boat, but it was constantly full of rainwater. Great starter boat, but get em cheap because you will have a hard time turning them over when it's time. 

I just purchased a 92 trophy 2002 wa. Best boat out there...no. But the wife, like yours, wanted something more secure than the 16.5 we were using and a potti. Now we got both. And we didn't want to break the bank. I can say that any Trophy selling at book or under goes fast...I learned the hard way. Good fishing platform. A cuddy large enough to sleep2. Mine came with solid stringers and transom, a 150 outboard and 15hp kicker with east steer. Cheap fishfinder, full enclosure bimini, porti potti, no other extras. Except a tandem axle trailer with surge brakes. Paid $5500.....would not have paid more. Good entry level into a larger boat.

Sent from my LGL62VL using Lake Ontario United mobile app

• Like 1

Ya get what u pay for., the force motors suck, and I wouldn’t waste 800 bucks on a survey of a 4K boat but that’s me.. they aren’t priced or designed to last forever. I hated mine, but it got me on water and I caught alotta fish on it

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United