Just Venting

The last five weekends I launched my boat out of Pine Grove and just about every time I put the boat on the trailer or off it was dark. I thought I was doing something wrong. I had a very hard time backing down the ramp due to the fact the guy on the other side of the ramp left his headlights on.

Why I don’t know, its not like the headlights help him see the boat.

The last day I pulled my boat out and drove over to tie it down, the other guy who was using the ramp came over to me and thanked me for turning off my headlights.

I don’t think you should have to thank someone for just thinking of others!

Sorry for the vent!!!

yeah but that doesn't start as many fights as thanking someone for being an a$$h0[e. :lol:

Actually, you should take it as a compliment. There are a lot of people out there who are just out for themselves. I always turn my lights off...it helps remind me to plug/unplug my trailer lights.

Tom B.

(LongLine)

general motors vehicles 2000 and newer, the lights are automatic and are on when its dark. you can shut them off but most people don't know how. but if you are taking a long time, you can still turn the engine off. that will make them shut off. i almost blinded a guy once who was pulling out his boat. i used the remote to unlock the truck, which turns the lights on, which was pointed right at him and he happened to be looking right at it. a simle "hey man, sorry about that, i forgot that makes the lights turn on. let me turn them off until you're done" usually does the trick.