Can someone else corroborate Laurie's great reports? I come up from Ohio to fish 2 or 3 days every summer and some of them almost sound too good to be true. Of course my Lake Erie walleye reports from the last month would sound too good to be true if you weren't here experiencing it. Usually fish Pt. Breeze, but will be fishing Olcott beginning July 11. Hope it's as good as she says. Bringing some salmon novices with me and would love to ruin them for life.

• Like 1

We were up there the 13th thru the 17th the week before Laurie B got there and the fishing was fabulous!! We couldn’t fish Wednesday or Thursday, there were 4 to 7 footers on the lake. So from Friday to Sunday we had a ball. I’ve never caught so many fish. Our best bites were from 5:30 to 11:00 am. Then in the evening from 5:00 till dark. We caught fish from 80 FOW to 250 FOW. so your answer is yes the fishing is that good. And then some.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

• Like 1

I came from Ohio Father’s Day weekend and was moored next to Fishnut (we were in the small Grady White). The fishing is as good as he reports and he was kind enough to give me some pointers to improve our catch. We ended up catching a dozen kings. We were doing better on spin doctor/fly and flasher fly than spoons but we’re primarily walleye fisherman with limited experience on Lake O. Our 300 copper was really doing well until the backing to copper connection failed on a large fish. We had a 12 color and 8 color running all weekend without a hit but that 300 copper with flasher fly got hit all weekend. Dipsy 180-225 with spoon on 9ft leader also did very well. I love how it’s not so crowded compared to Lake Erie western basin. Can put the big boards out as far as you desire and not worry about getting close to other boats. The other thing I love is when we fish for walleye, we spend a lot of time speculating whether we might have a fish on. We’ll be analyzing the rod tips looking for one rod to be bent slightly more than the others. These salmon announce very clearly when they’re on the line!!

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

• Like 2